Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is pure amazin, Zeppelin,U2,White Stripe fans jump on!

Options
  • 17-06-2009 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

No matter what your musical preference, colour or stripe, this looks incredible..Jimmy Page!!

The history of the electric guitar as seen from the point of view of three significant musicians: Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, U2's The Edge and the White Stripes' Jack White. It tells the personal stories, of three generations of electric guitar virtuosos. It reveals how each developed his unique sound and style of playing his favorite instrument. Concentrating on the artists musical rebellion, traveling with him to influential locations and provoking rare discussion as to how and why he writes and plays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Looks sweet man, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

The part where Edge turns off the pedals reminds me of that Bill Bailey U2 routine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Exactly what I thought, and the reddner he has when he says 'this is all i'm playin' but ye know what? fair play for bein honest about it..

looks like a great movie..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I wonder (if and) when this will be released in Ireland.

Headed over to the States in August. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Looks great.

But yer man Jack White looks like the scariest door to door salesman I never wanna meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Looks good. I do like the Edges honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The BBC made a 3 part series recently called "The Story of the Guitar" which was similar to this.
    Great documentary if you ever get a chance to watch it (think I still have it on my HD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Honest about pedals, if not taxes ;)

Joke! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

The history of the electric guitar as seen from the point of view of three significant musicians: Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, U2's The Edge and the White Stripes' Jack White. It tells the personal stories, of three generations of electric guitar virtuosos.
    These three lads are certainly significant but they could hardly be considered virtuoso guitarists.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Hermy wrote: »
    These three lads are certainly significant but they could hardly be considered virtuoso guitarists.
    Id certainly consider jimmy page one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

king-stew wrote: »
    Id certainly consider jimmy page one.
    He's good but I don't consider him a virtuoso. Listen to him improvise and time and again he seems to run into a dead end. Don't get me wrong, Page is a great guitarist but I think his real genius was his ability in the studio.
    When I think of an electric guitar virtuoso I'm thinking of someone who has complete control of the guitar, is endlessly inventive, and just never seems to run out of road.
    The obvious examples for me would be Hendrix and Zappa. The many live recordings I've listen to of these two players still astound me despite repeated listening over many years. I honestly couldn't say the same about the various live recordings I've listened to of Page.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement