Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Match Replays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Placebo wrote: »
    your joystick only has

back
    forward
    high punch

High Punch?

Have you been playing 3D fighters? Hmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Terry you made an absolute fool out of that guile player haha, eats the ultra then does a random ultra back from the other side of the screen (thats always taunt worthy) then he continues to sweep and you do a super and after HE'S STILL SWEEPING.

I bet the guy thinks you were just mashing and not watching for the sweeps.

Anyway as for vids , played a session with Ryu yesterday , was a long session with this pretty good player who I was really enjoying playing against. He had knocked me down and I was a sliver away from a ko and right beside me he taunts, then does EX SRK (he was akuma) to KO me. I know he was taunting to try and get me to **** up or something but I just blocked anyway as I had no health and got chipped KOed , but I decided I'd return the favor. But find the right moment :D (I generally don't taunt people I've having GGs with unless its playful)

Next round he picks ken, who he seems pretty weak with as I destroyed him 1st round, and ended it with a taunt KO. Meaning I fireballed and he took the chip and got knocked out, but I pressed taunt just before the KO. I love doing this :p

Whats funny was, the same thing happened again in the 2nd round. But I decided not to taunt him cause I was worried he'd take it the wrong way so I didn't. But sure enough, he feckin rage quit after that anyway :( Bah I would have had a amusing replay of TWO rounds in a row of a taunt KO , deffo would have uploaded that. As that is a rare one. But I decided to be nice.. damn it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

animaX wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of guile bashing, here's a funny round from yesterday. The lad just wouldn't learn to stop sweeping :P

I enjoyed that win! If only doom was that careless :pac:

whats up with the player 1 and player 2 thing on your screen, where are the gamertags?
    also how do you get that more zoomed out view for ssf4, mine and most other peoples looks closer to the characters than that, i know its nothing to do with the arcade settings thing, maybe its to do with your tv?

Its his TV. And he's viewing the replay while not connected to the net so it doesn't show his names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sisko wrote: »
    I destroyed him 1st round, and ended it with a taunt KO. Meaning I fireballed and he took the chip and got knocked out, but I pressed taunt just before the KO. I love doing this :p

This is all I ever strive for in ranked matches.

• Advertisement

Nice, do you get it much with deejay? Is pretty easy with a shoto, impossible with ibuki unfortunately :(

I've not gotten it with guile but putting on sunglasses after the KO would be EPIC.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »
    I've not gotten it with guile but putting on sunglasses after the KO would be EPIC.

I've done it to half the posters in this forum let alone online!

One time I was in a lobby with I think Bush and I was fighting some random guy and ate ultra as I put the glasses on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

also how do you get that more zoomed out view for ssf4, mine and most other peoples looks closer to the characters than that, i know its nothing to do with the arcade settings thing, maybe its to do with your tv?

Its connected to a computer monitor through a VGA connection. Its not widescreen either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

I actually stopped sweeping because you kept doing that stuff to me :)

You swine terry, you ruined it for the rest of us.

joconnell wrote: »
    You swine terry, you ruined it for the rest of us.

Haha, should have saved it for a rainy day :P

I love doing it online, allowing them to sweep unpunished for the whole fight until i have ultra/super and then bam! Similar thing probably works with Hawk although i haven't got a chance to try it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I love the way you show one win each so as not to offend :p

You'd make a good politician!

animaX wrote: »
    I love the way you show one win each so as not to offend :p

You'd make a good politician!

:pac:

I know. Im breaking the golden rule of youtube (only upload videos where you win)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

What are you using to record the games Bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

blag wrote: »
    What are you using to record the games Bush?

I think he got an easycap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah he bought one from here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5707

I have an easy cap heading my way too.

None of you are safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

PPC wrote: »

F*ck, I just tried to order one from amazon for £18 and it wouldnt deliver to Ireland.

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    F*ck, I just tried to order one from amazon for £18 and it wouldnt deliver to Ireland.

Just ebay it, got one from Hong Kong 15 inc p n p.

Why not just get it from dealextreme?

Id also advise getting an s video cable, the quality is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Bush80 wrote: »
    Why not just get it from dealextreme?

Id also advise getting an s video cable, the quality is much better.

Any chance you'd post pics of your setup, I'm a complete f*ckwit when it comes to av stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah the dealextreme one is like 8 quid inc delivery.

You can get them as low as a fiver on ebay, but DX is a bit more reliable.
    They've the s-video cable for cheap aswell http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30942

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Any chance you'd post pics of your setup, I'm a complete f*ckwit when it comes to av stuff

Theres not much to connecting it up really. Just stick the s video cable in the back of the xbox and run it the easycap which is plugged into your pc by usb. I had hassle getting it going on windows 7 so if anyone needs pointers with that let me know.

Heres a couple of vids from last night with terry. I did these with s video and you can see the big difference in quality if you watch these on youtube 720p vs the ones above with azza. The quality is actually really good, especially for the price.

If only super saved replays of offline games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It should. I still don't understand why they didn't include it. Was it just an oversight? Or did they leave it out on purpose. It just makes no sense.

Btw, that quality is pretty good on that setup you have there. Might look into it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Savage quality on those vids bush. Im gonna buy me one after this post!!

• Advertisement

For some reason that thing where I dash backwards after an FADC happened again at the end, i thought I fixed that problem.

GG farz, I knew you were mashing ex legs during my block strings so I thought I could ultra you , I thought wrong, I'm wondering now would even an ex fireball have worked. Nice dashing under me and getting me with c.lk ex legs etc when I jump at you.

I don't suppose any of mikes or cobelcogs vids are still on there doom or were they deleted?

Also did you find out why there was an issue with the minutes remaining?

Advertisement