Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Match Replays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I'll be attending q-con on the Saturday with a friend or two. This'll be my first time after plans falling through last year. Do you know if button mapping is allowed on the day? I play back to front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

cheers guys.
    if you ever fancy some games and im on ssf4 just send me an invite and im there, that goes for people who im not currently friends with too so invite away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Neeknak wrote: »
    I'll be attending q-con on the Saturday with a friend or two. This'll be my first time after plans falling through last year. Do you know if button mapping is allowed on the day? I play back to front.

Indeed it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Excellent, that's a weight off my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

i feel that video is marvelous because although I havent learnt all the combos and cannot perform fadcs, i can still match up against someone with all the combos and good fadc execution.

there was no lag in that vid, just some sour grapes. and it was posted in jest.

chris cannot wait to go to the next real life meet up, hes not scared and is enthusiastic about lans matches.

• Advertisement

roy nelson wrote: »
    i feel that video is marvelous because although I havent learnt all the combos and cannot perform fadcs, i can still match up against someone with all the combos and good fadc execution.

there was no lag in that vid, just some sour grapes. and it was posted in jest.

chris cannot wait to go to the next real life meet up, hes not scared and is enthusiastic about lans matches.

hahaha, your right, there was no lag in the vid, the replays dont show lag, the match was sponsored by laggies lag bags tho. what the f0ck is a lans match?
    lets go to the shop, i need a lucozade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

eh lol.

Either of you lads live in Dublin? Yeas should really head to the meet ups and tourneys we run if you enjoy this game. You'll really enjoy them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »
    eh lol.

Either of you lads live in Dublin? Yeas should really head to the meet ups and tourneys we run if you enjoy this game. You'll really enjoy them.

Nope they'd be better off with Dragon Slayers :)

Also, Chris in particular, I would say could definitely place in their top 5. He plays a couple of mean characters. His Ken especially.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

thanks for the vote of confidence there sagat ;).
    jamie told me he posted that kiek, so i had to jump on and find out what was what. feel free to stick me on that irish players list if you want by the way, some of you know already but my xbox live id is just my name typed this way.....
    Chris Mc Mahon

Hi Chris,
    It's pretty clear that the video is not you at anywhere near your best and looks as if it was a pretty laggy game. I hear only good things about your Ken. I'll add you later on.

Welcome to the forum.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi Chris,
    It's pretty clear that the video is not you at anywhere near your best and looks as if it was a pretty laggy game. I hear only good things about your Ken. I'll add you later on.

Welcome to the forum.

no probs man, feel free. have i fought you before? whats your xbl id?
    i love to rep ken, call me biased but i find the best character to watch is a good ken, never mind this flowchart crap, thats a majority of bad players (even though sometimes the tendancy to mash shoryuken is too appealing to resist:D)
    i went to the qcon comp once last yr, came 2nd, was beat by a blanka, some asian dude called simon cus i didnt know the match up, a problem i have with low tier characters like vega too, dont know what it is.
    i heard their best players werent there that day tho. im too old for the meet up scene anyway, i love to play street fighter and cant see myself stopping but probably only online even tho im aware its a totally different ball game in real life. and i play on pad so if i walked in the room with that a be afraid of someone hitting me with a hatchet for not using a stick haha

• Advertisement

and another thing, i wouldnt get too excited about my play!!!!!!!!, im probably one of the few good kens you will play but a few of your boys like bush80 etc, rip me a new one 9 out of 10 times we play, but enjoyable nonetheless.

no probs man, feel free. have i fought you before? whats your xbl id?
    i love to rep ken, call me biased but i find the best character to watch is a good ken, never mind this flowchart crap, thats a majority of bad players (even though sometimes the tendancy to mash shoryuken is too appealing to resist:D)
    i went to the qcon comp once last yr, came 2nd, was beat by a blanka, some asian dude called simon cus i didnt know the match up, a problem i have with low tier characters like vega too, dont know what it is.
    i heard their best players werent there that day tho. im too old for the meet up scene anyway, i love to play street fighter and cant see myself stopping but probably only online even tho im aware its a totally different ball game in real life. and i play on pad so if i walked in the room with that a be afraid of someone hitting me with a hatchet for not using a stick haha

That's Simon Lau, he's easily one of the best players in Ireland. I'd like to meet the man who was claiming otherwise :)

I'm 30 by the way man, age doesn'y really come into it.

Thirdly, Cobelcog, currently our highest seeded player in the country, is a pad player. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Hi Chris, I remember dropping into your match room a couple of weeks back and you and some friends were all talking about some crazy scientific/philosophical mumbo-jumbo!!!
    I was the Vega player 'a big irish man' who had to drop out when the missus wanted to watch 'Angel Heart' on the telly!

We all had some right good games that evening, I recall...

Ken B wrote: »
    Hi Chris, I remember dropping into your match room a couple of weeks back and you and some friends were all talking about some crazy scientific/philosophical mumbo-jumbo!!!
    I was the Vega player 'a big irish man' who had to drop out when the missus wanted to watch 'Angel Heart' on the telly!

We all had some right good games that evening, I recall...
    yeah i remember you, your vega is quality, again, a charcter i never bothered to learn the match up and destroys me constantly. add me and we can play sometime, you can show me some tricks on how to beat that fairy vega too :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 The Real George Foreman

chris mcmahon. I dont know what your playing at ya burt durgler. You come on here smack talking and you probably cheat in all of your games. Flowchart ken mismatches my ass. I was in the crowd at qcon when you got mauled by blanca. it was embarassing to see you lose so easily. you never stood a chance. oh and i done a bit of research on you. i know what your at so wise up

confused.jpg

Sisko STOP IT RIGHT NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

George, stick to making grills.

I dont need to make grills. I have them chrome grills on my Vauxhall Corsa VXR. What you gonna do about it ?

Sisko STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Okay

• Advertisement

I dont need to make grills. I have them chrome grills on my Vauxhall Corsa VXR. What you gonna do about it ?
    hahaha, legendary, i wonder who this could be hmmmmmmmmmm.
    that bird from lazytown has potential in the near future, mark my words.
    george foreman, you dan blows goats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

chris mcmahon. I dont know what your playing at ya burt durgler. You come on here smack talking and you probably cheat in all of your games. Flowchart ken mismatches my ass. I was in the crowd at qcon when you got mauled by blanca. it was embarassing to see you lose so easily. you never stood a chance. oh and i done a bit of research on you. i know what your at so wise up

I'd love to see how you'd fare against Simon Lau. Methinks you will first put your words in your lean, mean, fat-reducing grilling machine and then eat them.

By the way Chris, you may be interested to know she recently turned 19.

Starting to throw up the inferno 9 videos.

Final first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Starting to throw up the inferno 9 videos.

Final first.

Good quality doom but what happened to the set I won? :pac:

Bush80 wrote: »
    Good quality doom but what happened to the set that I won? :pac:

I honestly don't know, the naming convention on that camera is hexadecimal (?!?!) so it's a little weird to follow. That video is 00D of 013 :D

It also seems to have randomly changed date in the middle of the vids!

EDIT: I am sure I will come accross it sooner than later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Didn't the battery die during the start of the final and it took some messing around to get it plugged in.

Not sure if any of the first set was recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sisko wrote:
    (snip)
    Yreval wrote: »
    By the way Chris, you may be interested to know she recently turned 19.

Interesting...
    :cool:

Oh hmm, there's some kind of van outside.
    BRB, I think my suit's here.

4chanpartyvan.jpg

Bush you'll be happy to know I just found your first set with the bounty hunter.

It's in the upload queue with a couple others as we speak.

Will have a Playlist shortly if someone on SF.ie will do the honours.

Playlist now up.

I'm not sure if I am happy with the amount of videos, the way double elim works out means there's vids of the same people 4 or 5 times.

Anywho:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=887BF7D2EE7FD8FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Woo, thanks Doom.

Yay for the Ken B videos, he's the only person on the playlist I had a match against.

Only match I had that was close too, one way or the other.

Advertisement