Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV casual meet - Round 2 July 4th - discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

But I'm sure you're grown ups and can take care of yourselves (well, some of you anyway :p) if I don't show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Lucky we're not playing street fighter on project natal :D But, I hope you're up to it anyway. If not, someone else will carry the torch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

animaX wrote: »
    Lucky we're not playing street fighter on project natal :D But, I hope you're up to it anyway. If not, someone else will carry the torch

Had the image of that bizarre XboX fighting game from "The Island" pop into my head as you said that. I'm sure leprekaun would be beastly at that with his gammy leg :D

Still, people can slag the game all they want but if microsoft released it with a free Scarlett Johansson.......it would sell well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im in the same boat as blag, if im drinking tonight I doubt ill be driving up tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've drank the night before every single one of these so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Did you have to drive far? I get the worst hangovers ever and dont even drive down town the next day, nevermind drive an hour and a half there and back :pac:

Nah it's public transport here so it's a lot easier. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Well I can't go either as I have a birthday thing to go to. That's one less ps3 players anyway. Rest of yas have fun.

Right, I'm on the 9:20 bus. Should be there round 1:30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Should be there around 2/2:30

• Advertisement

Will look to be in around 1:30 as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will be in around 2 and I'm bringing an ass kicking with me.

around 1:30 ish here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Should make it in today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

gah... sorry guys can't make this one after all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I missed it too :(

Just back from it. Good fun had by all :D When's the next one? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had fun as well at this one. Actually won a few games and had a lot of close ones. Next up, winner of Evo 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

was anyone there from the PS3 contingent?

Yep, a couple of people, though it was mostly xboxen.

• Advertisement

Not a lot of PS3 people this time.

There was also a worrying amount of Lariat users at it and by a worrying amount I mean more than zero is too much :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Great craic today, really enjoyed it. Some difference to playing online all the time.

Although most people were on xbox most people were using arcade sticks so didn't really matter (except me and Lep with our xbox pads >< )

Btw, Holligan Throw > Kirby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Cheers for seting this up today, it was a good laugh, nice place they got going on up there.
    Everyone was bang on too, wasn't sure what it would be like before i went but i need not havre worried ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There was also a worrying amount of Lariat users at it and by a worrying amount I mean more than zero is too much :P

haha, now we know who you're afraid of.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah good time was had by all.

Cunny-Funt your out of excuses, you have to show uo to the next event. You can't be really that hideous can you? There is always enough sticks to share around for each format so thats not a valid excuse.

Nice to see a nice face in Owwmykneecap. Fair play to travelling to the meet up and even fairer play for maining Vega!

Kirby wrote:
    Just back from it. Good fun had by all When's the next one?

For you the day of the next meet up was a day you greatly looked foward too. But for me it was Tuesday!

I'll once again remind people to refrain from using the offical word to describe Zangiefs spinning top moves as if against the forums charter! :mad:
    Don't make me get out the facepalm pictures people!

Jim wrote: »
    Btw, Holligan Throw > Kirby

:p. I know! For the first few games none hit me, and I'm like, all smug and waxing lyrical about how "they need to buff it, it never hits, all you have to do is duck" etc, etc.

And then ofcourse, I get hit by like 6 in a row :o Gotta love them cammy fights though. All action!

Yeah, great fun lads :). Lots of good games there. Shame there wasn't as many people as last time.

Sorry for delaying everyone at the end there. I'm good at my maths, just a little slow :p.

About the next one, very small chance that I'd be able to host it because I don't think I'd be able to attend it :( so if someone is willing to take over, that would be great.

Unless you lads fancy another meet for next week :p

Tis no bother for me to get into town, so sure I'll head down. I imagine less people would show up but who cares, that just means more matches with the same people.

If someone's up to organising a tournament, we could have one for the next big meetup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Azza wrote: »

For you the day of the next meet up was a day you greatly looked foward too. But for me it was Tuesday!

Anyone who keeps quoting that terrible film will be destroyed!

Advertisement