Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV casual meet - Round 2 July 4th - discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Unless you lads fancy another meet for next week :p

I'm up for next week aswell. I mean, be honest.....what else are you going to do from 2-6 on a saturday? If the numbers are there, I'll definately show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I won't be able to make it next weekend, have to go home to the sunny south-east. But yeah, i think the next big meet could be a tournament. That would boost numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Will check my work situation, must train a bit again -- everytime I take a few days of SF, I start sucking royally! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    I won't be able to make it next weekend, have to go home to the sunny south-east. But yeah, i think the next big meet could be a tournament. That would boost numbers

Won't meet next weekend either, but would agree with a tournament for the next big meet with at least ranking battles if not a tournament.

Its time to start at least ranking play with a view to a seeded tournament?
    Even if there's no sponser or prize money, bragging rights are worth enough;)

We could easily agree on seeds after a preliminary round and then have brackets after that, with casual or off tourney machines as well to make sure everyones happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'd be up for this weekend as I missed last weekend :(

I've got a TE for the PS3 so if someone else with a stick for the 360 is going we can swap around.

Also K.O.Kiki, I know what you mean. If I don't play SFIV for a few days then come back to it I'm woeful (more so than usually, lol). Maybe when I've got more than just a few weeks of practice in Street Fighter under my belt the muscle memory for combos won't wear off so fast.

If I haven't played for a few days I'll usually just load it up and jump into the trials for a refresher. Then I'll load up arcade mode on the hardest difficulty and wait for someone online to challenge me.

• Advertisement

For simplicity, I think the first tourney should be to draw the players at random as if we were all equal.

We can use the results for the first tourney for seedings for the second one. After all, Its a results business :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, I was thinking, if we're going to have a seed system, we should all have at least one match against each other and then set the rankings based on each person's win ratio so that everyone gets a fair chance.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Zangief players should automatically be handicapped. Their arms most be broken before the matches take place or something. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kirby wrote: »
    For simplicity, I think the first tourney should be to draw the players at random as if we were all equal.

We can use the results for the first tourney for seedings for the second one. After all, Its a results business :)

There were already three tourneys though with mostly the same players.

I wasn't there so, obviously, it doesn't count! :p

• Advertisement

If there was several players from the dragon slayers group we could use their seedings. Be nice for them not to play each other in the first round if they travlled a large distance.

I'd personally seed it like this assuming the following players where to take part.

I spaced them into tiers of where I personally regard players in terms of skill. The order in the groups doesn't matter much. Not much sceince behind it. Just opinion. Problem is there is some people I can't remember or put names to faces. Like Animax I can't remember who is or who he played?

S Tier
    Mike Guilfoyle (won the first tournament, is regarded as top dog up north)

A Tier.
    Bush (going on the fact he normally beats me online and he won the second tournament)

B. Tier
    Azza (resident asshole and dictator)
    Blagdhalia (Pyscho power and lucozade for the win)
    The Witch (technically really good, if only Viper would listen to him)

C. Tier
    Kirby (good sim, loves playing bison!)
    Oweemykneecap (Respect he plays Vega!)
    Cunny-Funt (judging purely from online play, lazy mofo needs to show up)

D. Tier
    A-Trak (good honda)
    Leprekaun (good ryu)
    Dreddybajs (gay beyond words)
    K.O.Kiki (stick with one character :D)
    JimeatsMenu (cammy looks alright)
    Bretguerwitz (decent Gief, but still gay)
    SDoom (likes transformers)
    Leimrod (flowchart Akuma!)
    Robbie (another gay Gief player)

Retr0gamer Tier.
    Retr0gamer (thinks Valkyria Chonicles is crap!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I had Dan unlocked I would be top tier.

Azza wrote: »

lol, harsh... but fair. My games usually start with "f**k yeah, demon flip into tatsu combo", to be followed by "SH!T, he blocked it, and hes taken off 40% of my health with 1 LP jab... SH!T SH!T SH!T, run away, jump back, air fireball, air fireball... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AIR FIREBALL"... KO :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

bit harsh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pipedream

retr0gamer has always had his own tier of loserness, nice that its finally recognised :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hate you :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ickle_pwincess

If there was several players from the dragon slayers group we could use their seedings. Be nice for them not to play each other in the first round if they travlled a large distance.

I'd personally seed it like this assuming the following players where to take part.

I spaced them into tiers of where I personally regard players in terms of skill. The order in the groups doesn't matter much. Not much sceince behind it. Just opinion. Problem is there is some people I can't remember or put names to faces. Like Animax I can't remember who is or who he played?

S Tier
    Mike Guilfoyle (won the first tournament, is regarded as top dog up north)

A Tier.
    Bush (going on the fact he normally beats me online and he won the second tournament)

B. Tier
    Azza (resident asshole and dictator)
    Blagdhalia (Pyscho power and lucozade for the win)
    The Witch (technically really good, if only Viper would listen to him)

C. Tier
    Kirby (good sim, loves playing bison!)
    Oweemykneecap (Respect he plays Vega!)
    Cunny-Funt (judging purely from online play, lazy mofo needs to show up)

D. Tier
    A-Trak (good honda)
    Leprekaun (good ryu)
    Dreddybajs (gay beyond words)
    K.O.Kiki (stick with one character :D)
    JimeatsMenu (cammy looks alright)
    Bretguerwitz (decent Gief, but still gay)
    SDoom (likes transformers)
    Robbie (another gay Gief player)

Retr0gamer Tier.
    Retr0gamer (thinks Valkyria Chonicles is crap!)

HA!!!!! Take that Retr0gamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sucks to be you

<3 just kidding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Like Animax I can't remember who is or who he played?

Yeah, I've stayed away from you Azza coz I hate dictators :D

I'd put myself in the D-tier but I don't really main with anyone since I don't own the game and can't practice! That tier looks pretty sound to me though.

Grrr! I shall unleash my hellish rushdown upon you dictator next time we do battle! And show my true level that is EFB tier (Extremely Fkin Brilliant) :D

EFB tier .....thats way below Retr0gamer tier isn't it? :)

• Advertisement

Its still enough to overthrow your evil rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

pipedream wrote: »
    retr0gamer has always had his own tier of loserness, nice that its finally recognised :D
    HA!!!!! Take that Retr0gamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sucks to be you

Love that two non posters in the fighting forum weigh in with anti-Retro comments.:D

Might make them honorary members of this forum :D

They're two mates from college :P

If there's a tournament on saturday I probably won't be able to make it, I'm going to see the Boss on Saturday.

I don't recall having an appointment with you this Saturday? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

This weekend is bad for me too,it's the "11/12th" of July (lots of Orange marching and the like) so transport and the like will be disrupted so I wont be going anywhere.

Maybe if you want any of the guys from the north down for a tourney you could move it to the following weekend,ah go on!

I don't recall having an appointment with you this Saturday? :pac:

I would have said the dictator not the boss :pac:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm going to see the Boss on Saturday.

Admit it, you're going to wear your Sakura outfit in the hopes of recreating the "Dancing in the Dark" music video with the Boss himself.

• Advertisement

Courtney Cox hasn't got **** on me in my japanese schoolgirl outfit.

Advertisement