Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romanians Victims of Racist Attacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

I'm sure they were Romanian,if not Roma...Women,young girls would even kneel statuesque like in all weathers,not unlike the artistes of Las Ramblas in Barcelona.One might that type of pose as a form of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

people know that not all roma are romanians and not all romanians are roma.......

not optimism, respect.

i know they were attacked because they were different, but people stating ''roma'' ''roma'' etc all throughout the thread is pointless

it was wrong, and condemned

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

I just wanted to ask question why people are doing this kind of acts.. but then I thought that in other countries is the same towards other nationalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Jaysus, that's shocking. Sleeping in sheds? That will be the ruination of this country. And to think we get so excited by minor things like the sexual abuse of tens of thousands of Irish children by Irish adults, when we should be looking out for shed sleepers. Millions being spent investigating gangland crime carried out by Irish thugs, and Romanians are out walking the streets, or worse still messing with the labels on clothes in charity shops? I am appalled.

What are you trying to say conor? That the guards should not arrest roma for robbery and thuggery? Damn straight they should and ship um back home! Literally ship not fly.

What are you trying to say conor?

Didn't think I was being too subtle.

Put another way, they sleep in sheds? They change labels on second hand clothes? They beg in Limerick, a city that is no stranger to extremely violent crime? Big deal. I'll survive this alleged Roma crime spree...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

opo wrote: »
    I posted a link to a blog that describes what I strongly suspect is that missing history.
    Sure you do, because it plays to your own personal beliefs. But don’t expect anyone else to treat an anonymous blog as serious evidence.
    Abaddon wrote: »
    Why are the rest of you so determined not to hear the other side?
    By all means feel free to present this “other side”.

What if they were your sheds and you now couldn't use them? What if they robbed you, you wouldn't mind? They beg EVERYWHERE, especially in dublin. They act like animals they should be treated like animals. Scum tried to rob me the night b4 they were caught. Hitting me in the face with papers when i was at an atm trying to take my money. I put two elbows deep into their faces. And then i started laughing at them when they started calling me a racist. I wasn't then but i can guarantee you I AM NOW!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojojauauau/

netron wrote: »
    More importantly - i'd like to know how in gods name did the Roma end up in Belfast of all places?
    I think they migrated there.
    A 1000 times less trust worthy than the likes of the BBC who have insisted on using the word "Romanian" in all of their tv news reports?
    The problem with that is?
    i'm VERY confused by this - the bbc is simply NOT reporting on what i've read about them - that they were thieving and begging and that pissed off the locals.
    Source?

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    I have no problem in admitting that yes, I am glad that any of these people who had not contributed tax to the economy or had been commiting crimes are going home.
    You do, however, seem to be having trouble presenting evidence that any of “these people” had not contributed tax or had been committing crimes.
    if you see a group of Roma gypsy women standing by an ATM, do you feel the exact same as if you saw a group of old white haired women in terms of wanting to use said ATM?
    Would you be more suspicious seeing a Roma talking to an old man at his door than you would be of a regular middle aged woman?
    I dislike seeing anyone begging for money, anywhere; I don’t care what that person looks like – it’s irrelevant. You, on the other hand, seem to have a preference for certain types of people asking you for money?
    I know a single mother who only ever worked in a chip shop at weekends before becoming pregnant at 18. Sold the sob story- my mams house is overcrowded, I need to live near for support, my man is gone. Bang. She currently lives in a 3 bed house in a public pvt partnership estate a stones throw away from her mothers old place with a live in boyfriend on the quiet (not the kids father).
    I presume you have reported her for committing welfare fraud?
    If you are telling me you believe that a single mother in this country will get no more than 38 euro per week if she has not made substantial PRSI contributions you are lying through your teeth.
    Considering it’s (apparently) so easy to get a house from a local authority in this country, I presume you have applied for one?

All this is irrelevant considering the people in question resided in Belfast.
    Nearly 100% of Slovak gypsies are unemployed.
    I’ve already shown that is not true.

you cant argue with rascists

there is two sides to the story

people were attacked by scumbags

scumbags attacked the one side, on their belief that they were robbing or whatever

problem is the scumbags were probaly going on no or little evidence, and hate.

• Advertisement

Gosh, you people don't need to hate each other for different opinions about people. Everyone has right to like or dislike something. no need to attack each other.

and sheds I meant cartoon sheds, not stolend wooden sheds from your garden. and I am pretty sure that the group that was attacked did not made any contribution into tax.

they have the right to dislike people

they shouldnt have the right to attack them or support people attacking different people...

if you are quoting me then I said they have right to dislike SOMETHING, not people.. however each of us dislike someone for their behaviour as simple is that.

and no one should attack anyone, but some people don't have borders in their life. they were tought to do whatever they feel like, but someone forgot to tell them there are consequences.

and thank you for sharing your opinion.

What if they were your sheds and you now couldn't use them?

:D:D

What is it with the new shed crime fear sweeping the Roma haters?

Could you not come up with something better, like saying the sky is falling in because the Romas are breaking it?
    What if they robbed you, you wouldn't mind?

I never made that point at all.
    They act like animals they should be treated like animals.

I say that about everyone from council estates in Limerick - you know what I'm talking about, you see those animals all the time too I bet. All scumbags, every single one of them. Should be treated like animals, the lot.
    And then i started laughing at them when they started calling me a racist. I wasn't then but i can guarantee you I AM NOW!

At least you have the courage to come out and call it as it is, and know what you are. I hate the people who are racist but dress it up in nonsense about concern for what these people allegedly do and throw in the odd anecdote as empirical evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

That must be the first crime ever in that city. Or if not the first, surely the most serious. And you were exposed to all this on the street?

By the way, on an aside, how did you know the person was specifically Romanian? You speak the lingo and knew he wasn't, for example, Bulgarian or Moldovan?
    Your note of incredulity and sarcasm is not undisguised.I went to a CBS and know a hawk from a handsaw and I am certain the people I referred to are of Romanian origin.I have lived in Limerick City for many years,quite happily at that,am streetwise and was not sheltered from or blind to the fact that serious crime happened regularly nearby.That is the reality for many in urban Ireland.No, I do not speak any form of the Romanian language but I do know that the dictator Ceausescu existed ,prospered, himself , but ruined the country's economy, starved,persecuted, and murdered many of his people who protested.The results are with us today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

http://www.irishtimes.com/

they're got their own mural for their troubles!

What is it with the new shed crime fear sweeping the Roma haters?

Could you not come up with something better, like saying the sky is falling in because the Romas are breaking it?

Well it just seems that you have no problem with low level crime. Low level crime leads to more violent crime.
    I never made that point at all.

You said you'd survive the Roma crime wave. Well i'd like to see how much you'd like them after being robbed.
    I say that about everyone from council estates in Limerick - you know what I'm talking about, you see those animals all the time too I bet. All scumbags, every single one of them. Should be treated like animals, the lot.

Yes i agree entirely they should, especially foreign scumbags.
    At least you have the courage to come out and call it as it is, and know what you are. I hate the people who are racist but dress it up in nonsense about concern for what these people allegedly do and throw in the odd anecdote as empirical evidence.

Actually i take back what i said. I'm not racist because i hate everyone equally. There's equality for you!

serious crime happened regularly nearby.

Nearby?! Do you mean Tipp or Clare or something? Or maybe Foynes?

Limerick is a rough city, not 'nearby Limerick'. As are many other areas in Ireland. People should open their eyes to the faults of Irish people and serious crimes Irish people commit before moaning about how the worst thing they saw was some begging by someone who, they believe, may or may not have been Roma or Romanian.
    Yes i agree entirely they should, especially foreign scumbags.

No no, the native Limerick crowd would do for me.

The families that go around killing each other, and many innocent people along the way. The crimes that makes the headlines on the news every few weeks. Not the odd bit of panhandling.

In fact, perhaps what they should do is take all the foreigners out of council estates in cities like Limerick for a few days, send in the army to clear out the Irish altogether, allow the foreigners go back in and take up possession of the houses, and I'd feel a lot safer walking around my country then.

Nearby?! Do you mean Tipp or Clare or something? Or maybe Foynes?

Limerick is a rough city, not 'nearby Limerick'. As are many other areas in Ireland. People should open their eyes to the faults of Irish people and serious crimes Irish people commit before moaning about how the worst thing they saw was some begging by someone who, they believe, may or may not have been Roma or Romanian.

No no, the native Limerick crowd would do for me.

The families that go around killing each other, and many innocent people along the way. The crimes that makes the headlines on the news every few weeks. Not the odd bit of panhandling.

In fact, perhaps what they should do is take all the foreigners out of council estates in cities like Limerick for a few days, send in the army to clear out the Irish altogether, allow the foreigners go back in and take up possession of the houses, and I'd feel a lot safer walking around my country then.

Obviously a troll because that is just a retarded rant

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

:D I hate the people who are racist but dress it up in nonsense about concern for what these people allegedly do and throw in the odd anecdote as empirical evidence.

LOL

Oooooh I am all sweaty now.

You hate the racists and you despise the pretend racists. You probably don't love the Roma as such, just find you hate them marginally less than you hate yourself.

Ya big ball of hatred ya :)

• Advertisement

Obviously a troll

Not at all. The points I made were serious. As for rants, which one of us made the following comment again (my emphasis):-
    they started calling me a racist. I wasn't then but i can guarantee you I AM NOW!

As for your clincher...
    retarded

I'm not in the least bit surprised you've reached for that one. After all, if you hate foreigners on the basis of their difference, why not hate the disabled too.

I'm merely pointing out that I would be much more frightened of many Irish, like anyone with a Limerick city accent, than I would be of someone with a foreign accent asking me for change. That is not trolling you at all. Don't take it personally.

You hate the racists and you despise the pretend racists. You probably don't love the Roma as such, just find you hate them marginally less than you hate yourself.

Me? Hate myself? This is not a thread about me.

But as you ask, I like myself, and my life. And I like any Eastern Europeans, including Romanians, that I know - though that would be about 5 Romanians, so I won't make the sweeping generalisation. I'm only speaking of my experience.

Now if I was from some council estate outside Limerick city, I might hate myself...and all my Irish neighbours. But I would have a reason. They are mostly scumbags. And there is much more empirical evidence and crime rates showing that than showing that begging is a serious social issue.

But as you ask, I like myself, and my life. And I like any Eastern Europeans, including Romanians, that I know - though that would be about 5 Romanians, so I won't make the sweeping generalisation. I'm only speaking of my experience.

Now if I was from some council estate outside Limerick city, I might hate myself...and all my Irish neighbours. But I would have a reason. They are mostly scumbags. And there is much more empirical evidence and crime rates showing that than showing that begging is a serious social issue.

ROFL

Ya big soft ball of hatred ya :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I have only ever been in a threatening situation once before and it was an Irish man with a knife that approached me and attempted to mug me. This happened on a busy street in Dublin with plenty of cars and busses and people around. I am only saying this as I know live in Limerick and have had no trouble whatsoever and I think the place has a bad and undeserved reputation. Not giving out, just want to put some balance to what you are saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

OK people - this is not AH. If this thread continues with LOLposts, it gets transferred. Accusations of trolling should either be made by reporting the post, or not be made at all.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

solice wrote: »
    Not giving out, just want to put some balance to what you are saying...

I appreciate your point of course.

I was responding to the generalisations that one or two made about all Romanians from seeing beggars that (presumably) looked Romanian, or once getting hassled at an atm. My experience of them is very good. I have had worse experiences with Irish people in Irish cities...which was really the point I was making, though I did zero in on Limerick as it is a soft target. And I think most in my situation will agree about the positive experience of immigration. Have a few single friends who swear that the influx of Eastern Europeans was the greatest thing that ever happened in the history of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

http://www.irishtimes.com/

they're got their own mural for their troubles!

got to hand to the republicans didn't take them long to exploit the situation, no surprise that the painting omits the ongoing attacks and intimidation on the residents of the fountain estate in Londonderry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

LOL

Oooooh I am all sweaty now.

Ya big ball of hatred ya :)

Yes, wonderful.

If you'd just be as good as to answer this .........

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Yes, wonderful.

If you'd just be as good as to answer this .........

Yes dear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement