Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romanians Victims of Racist Attacks

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

netron wrote: »
    i would tend to believe what that guy has written - has everyone forgotten the Italian State of Emergency declared in mid 2008?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/2459968/Italy-declares-state-of-emergency-over-Roma-immigrants.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492802/Savage-murder-brought-backlash-Italys-migrants--laws-expel-them.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/nov/02/italy.international

I dont know what the solution is , but its apparent that whatever European social policy is being implemented at the moment is clearly not working.

More importantly - i'd like to know how in gods name did the Roma end up in Belfast of all places?

Is it racist of me to call Italians racist ?

Conor74, from the hotbed of third world immigration that is South Kerry, could you explain the rules to me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

Conor74, from the hotbed of third world immigration that is South Kerry, could you explain the rules to me ?

In summary - peace and love to all - Hate the haters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i hate racists - so yes hate the haters should you wish

i hate racists - so yes hate the haters should you wish

Now you have the spirit.

Hate the racists. They hate people too. I hate them. I really hate the racists that don't come out and hate people in the open. The ones that do nutthin' about it. The ones that don't realise they are racist cos we aint tested them. The ones that haven't stated they are not racist and bloody well proved it. Why, they must be the most poisonous and dangerous of all. We must find them. Route them. Run them from their homes.

Peace and love to all mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Just about 4 stones' throw away.Threw them myself as a young lad,not at houses I might add.You should give Limerick a try.Live there,it's a lively spot and I guarantee you C74 that you,ll find that the people living "nearby" and your "closer" neighbours are fine,law abiding,welcoming,tolerant people who will quell your fears and apprehension and they will understand why you might possess ill conceived presumptions about their estates being ridden with "scumbags".I come, sir,from a council estate and lived a 15 minute walk from the city centre.And I am proud of my origins and have been taught to be tolerant and am so.Violence,abuse and racial intolerance are alien to the majorityof us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Didn't think I was being too subtle.

Put another way, they sleep in sheds? They change labels on second hand clothes? They beg in Limerick, a city that is no stranger to extremely violent crime? Big deal. I'll survive this alleged Roma crime spree...

Your posts are almost funny. They make no sense. Don't know why you keep comparing Roma gypsies to Limerick criminals. You're giving them a bad name.

A small percentage of people in Limerick are involved in criminal activities. I think this is a fair point. But they are Irish, and OUR problem.

100% of Roma, are criminals, and non-nationals. They should not be OUR problem, but Romania's, or Slovakia's or wherever they came from.

My mother works in the Social Welfare office and says the bang off the Roma is unholy. Its like the smell off my barse after a weekend at Electric Picnic with no shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

opo wrote: »
    Yes dear.

Well, if you won't clarify your position......

If you cannot spot racism, then you have some research to do. There are a few posters here that could give you pointers, though only one with the courage to admit he is racist.
    My mother works in the Social Welfare office and says the bang off the Roma is unholy.

She sounds like a lovely old dear.

Must keep an eye out for that. Elderly coot, skinhead, likes to sniff people...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Why don't we let the mods moderate?

Its grand, your good mate Oscar gave me a slap for it :rolleyes:
    And on the basis of your earlier logic, where stereotypes can be used to characterise individuals, would you have no difficulty if you were labelled a drunk and people started getting nervous any time you hung around an ATM machine or spoke to an old person?

I like a drink, so no, no problem!
    djpbarry wrote: »
    You do, however, seem to be having trouble presenting evidence that any of “these people” had not contributed tax or had been committing crimes.

You are having great difficulty disproving our "racist" assumptions that they were mostly unemployed and living off the state.

They have flown home at the taxpayers expense btw. More money thrown at them.
    I dislike seeing anyone begging for money, anywhere; I don’t care what that person looks like – it’s irrelevant. You, on the other hand, seem to have a preference for certain types of people asking you for money?

The main difference is that Irish junkies generally sit on the street with their cup and give fcuk all hassle to people. Gypsies tend to stop you in the street, approach you at ATMs, approach old people with fake charity collection forms, hassle as many people as they can in O Connell Street takeaways before the security see them. They always get a very aggressive fcuk off from me I will proudly admit.

I presume you have reported her for committing welfare fraud?

From what I can see it isnt exactly fraud, its simply what single mothers are entitled to if their social worker presses their case.
    Considering it’s (apparently) so easy to get a house from a local authority in this country, I presume you have applied for one?

Im a working taxpaying single member of the settled community. As if I have a right to free housing, Ive been paying my own rent for 4 years without a penny from the state.
    I’ve already shown that is not true.

You have proved nothing, absoloutely nothing.
    wes wrote: »
    The reason people aren't answering your question, is that the completey irrelevant to the discsussion. You may as well ask about the tea prices in India.

The reason Oscar and djpbarry have not answered my questions after 3 or 4 tries is because they are as suspicious of the Roma as anyone.

Reminds me a bit of this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rzVoBolN2c

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    You are having great difficulty disproving our "racist" assumptions that they were mostly unemployed and living off the state.
    I seem to recall Anna Lo stating in an interview that most of the men sold newspapers for the Belfast Telegraph - I'll see if I can find a link.
    From what I can see it isnt exactly fraud, its simply what single mothers are entitled to if their social worker presses their case.
    If she claims to be a single mother when she is not, then that is most definitely fraud.
    You have proved nothing, absolutely nothing.
    Oh really? Because the following looks to me like pretty strong evidence that unemployment among the Roma population in Slovakia is far less than 100%:
    djpbarry wrote: »
    I didn’t say that, I merely pointed out the inaccuracy of the statement. According to a 2003 report from the Institute for Public Affairs in Bratislava, unemployment among Roma in Slovakia varied depending on region (e.g. 73.5% in Sabinov, 43.9% in Prievidza). The overall average was about 67.7%, which is a long way short of “nearly 100%”. Furthermore, the report concluded that:

All national and European reports and studies so far that have dealt with the status of the Roma in Slovak society and especially on the official labor market have stated that this market is closed for them, which means they cannot exercise their right to work and are de facto disadvantaged.

http://www.eurac.edu/NR/rdonlyres/06B74945-34F5-452A-8859-6D6464038726/0/romaglob_final.pdf
    Not entirely sure what the obsession is with Roma in Slovakia though – what’s the relevance?

• Advertisement

Its grand, your good mate Oscar gave me a slap for it :rolleyes:

Sorry, don't know him at all.
    The main difference is that Irish junkies generally sit on the street with their cup and give fcuk all hassle to people. Gypsies tend to stop you in the street, approach you at ATMs, approach old people with fake charity collection forms, hassle as many people as they can in O Connell Street takeaways before the security see them. They always get a very aggressive fcuk off from me I will proudly admit.

Fair play to you. It's all about the tiny triumphs, isn't it?

I liked your amusing one about Irish junkies never hassling people. Sure you never see an Irish junkie in the courts for violent crime, robbery, attacks with knives or syringes etc. etc. You ever hear of bail court? You should sit into it some time, you'd even end up laughing at your own innocent assertion.

Nodin wrote: »
    Well, if you con't clearify your posision......

Who shot who in the what now? :eek:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

100% of Roma, are criminals...
    If this sort of mindlessly stupid racism continues, the thread will be locked.

The open bigotry on display here is, frankly, disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Sorry is this a joke? Junkies don't give you hassle? Don't you ever get the "I need €2 euro for me hostel/bus fare" and give you veiled threat beg speak?

I find them more difficult than charity muggers to get rid of. Now when I see one I just say "Es tut mir leid, ich habe keine english" They know they can't intimidate you if you don't speak english. I find Romas much easier to say no to.

I really can't believe you're serious about that junkie point.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

The openly blatant racism in this thread is utterly disgusting. It's frightening how ignorant some people are. This garbage about these people being threatening is ridiculous. I walk past them everyday here in Belfast and they're no bother at all.

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    The openly blatant racism in this thread is utterly disgusting. It's frightening how ignorant some people are.

Judging from joseph brand's post, they are victims of the ignorance of the parents. In fairness he may have grown up exposed to racism and know nothing else, like those kids in the Louis Theroux documentary on the far right in the States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Judging from joseph brand's post, they are victims of the ignorance of the parents. In fairness he may have grown up exposed to racism and know nothing else, like those kids in the Louis Theroux documentary on the far right in the States.

Wow. Totally off topic, but I literally just finished downloading that documentary. Weird lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

If you cannot spot racism, then you have some research to do.

How do you spot racism ?

What areas / papers should I research ?

How do you spot racism ?

What areas / papers should I research ?

Tee hee. Pat yourself on the back.

If you really don't understand racism, then I guess you may not have a lot to add to a thread about racism, do you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 paulus837

I'm glad they were run out off Ireland, they are the dirtiest filthiest people you would ever encounter, I'm not a great fan of the nordies but you wouldn't
    wish these people on your worst enemy :( .

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

On that note of charity and tolerance, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement