Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destruction warlock rotation

Options
  • 17-06-2009 8:58am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, ive just dinged 80 lastnight on my lock and specced destruction,was affliction while levelling.
    Ive gone with this spec http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock=000000000000000000000000000003220030003000000000000000005203205210331051335230351

Ive being using a rotation suggested on the forums of the warlocks den site.
    They suggest CoD, Immolate, Conflag, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate.
    Would you guys agree with this?
    As in is it worth pausing the spam casting of Incinerate to stick up curse of agony and corruption?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t38033-mage_equivalent_destruction_warlock/

Playing style/rotations:

"Rotation" is a very common term for damage dealers, but since warlocks rotations have become more and more complicated, most people will start to think in priorities instead, because it's much easier to keep track of and will generally give a better outcome when it comes to pure DPS.

As a standard 0/13/52+6-spec, your priorities should be:
    1. IM – high uptime for increased overall DPS and INs and opens up for CF.
    2. CF – to proc Backdraft.
    3. CB – strongest nuke.
    4. CoA – to proc MC and increasing overall DPS.
    5. CR – As above but on a lesser scale. More info below on this spell.
    6. IN – when DoTs are up and CB is on CD, this is your "filler".

Lots of stuff like that in there, read it all for a good comprehensive guide to starting at least :) Hope this helped

(AE = Area effect (Shadowfury, Rain of Fire etc.)
    BD = Backdraft
    CB = Chaos Bolt
    CF = Conflagrate
    CoA = Curse of Agony
    CD = Cooldown
    CR = Corruption
    DD = Direct damage (Incinerate, Chaos Bolt etc.)
    DS = Demonic Sacrifice
    DOT = Damage-over-time (Curse of Agony, Corruption etc.)
    DPCT = Damage-per-cast-time (how much damage the spell does per second of it's cast time)
    F&B = Fire and Brimstone
    GCD = Global Cooldown
    LT = Life Tap
    IM = Immolate
    IN = Incinerate
    MC = Molten Core
    SL & ISL = Soul Leech and Improved Soul Leech respectively)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Excellent thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Handy i wont start a new thread.

I dual specced demonology. Enjoying it with felguard a powerful spec. But im lost on rotations. Had my afflic rotation to a T and was topping charts,but demonolgy looks more powerful ,any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

No bother sec

saved for editing in a min

[E]: demorotationsimplepost31.jpg

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t50402-warlock_demonology/#The_Basic_Rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah saw that on elitist jerks and my head imploded....

I sucked at those diagrams in software engineering class haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

if you've only dinged 80, i'd recommend dropping 3 points from soul leech and putting them in suppression, 3% hit is ALOT. When you get good gear you'll beable to cap your HIT without the talents, but until then.

As for claypigeons post, its out of date, the only reason COA + Corruption are priorities there is because molten core used to be a deep destro talent, its obviously not anymore, so you actually end up losing dps casting COA + Corr because of the GCD's. So yeah, stick with your current rotation, unless ofc theres no1 else keeping the 13% SP buff up (Boomkin / unholy DK or another lock) If theres no debuff then use CoE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes magilly i studied the talents myself in better detail lastnight and wondered how i missed out on supression so i stuck 3 points in there and sacrificed soul leech.
    My hit rating is currently about the 360 mark which should be ok for some heroics,once i get a nice waist with hit [probably the 40 babge one] ill be well on my way to the hit cap for raiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

err 360 HR should make you Hit capped mate, or very close to it.

Hit cap for raid bosses is 17%, 360 HR is like.... 14% ? + the 3% from suppression.

I try to stay around 310, if im below that i'll gem it, if im above i'll not.

Reason being, when you end up doing 25 man raids your almost always gonna have a shadowpriest or boomkin, so you only need 11% from gear to be capped. I carry a stack of HR food, just incase.

p.s. If your alliance you dont even need 310 ! like... 290 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Soul link is absoulute win btw

Advertisement