Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Boot Sale

Options
  • 17-06-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi All

Has anyone been to the Carboot Sale in St Davids School...just wondering what the feedback is and if its worth a visit as a seller?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Lyndan wrote: »
    Hi All

Has anyone been to the Carboot Sale in St Davids School...just wondering what the feedback is and if its worth a visit as a seller?

Cheers
    Always seems to draw quite a crowd every week Im down there.
    I'd say head down yourself and chat to the people around it maybe.
    The next one should be either this day next week or this day fortnight.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 prendema

I went in late April as a seller. There was a good crowd and we sold a lot of stuff. Was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

I used to sell regularly at this car boot sale a number of years ago and it was always reasonably good, even when the weather wasn't great.

Would highly recommend doing it to get rid of some stuff and make a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Hi - I go down to sell stuff at the Car Boot Sale all the time and have always done quite well. Few tips for you:

*The gates open for sellers at 7.30am - I went down at 6.50am the last time and there were 24 sellers cars queuing in front of me - the queue starts right back about at Carraig Eden on the Seafront sometimes. A couple of weeks ago they had to turn away about 10 cars at 7.50am as all the spaces were full. On a good sunny day there is about 90 cars selling and loads of people buying - but it is also worth going if it's not a great day as there are less people selling but still a good flow of regular buyers.
    *It's 12 euro in for a car and I think 20 for a van. You pay as you go in. This is non-refundable so even if it buckets down with rain half an hour after you get there and decide to go home you wont get this back. But the money goes to support the school (which I went to) so I don't mind that.
    * The weather can be very changable down opposite the sea - so dress in layers that you can add to or reduce depending on the weather.
    *There are no toilets on site - so its a good idea to get someone to take over from you for a while or come with someone else so that you can take a break and walk to the public toilets - or else its a VERY long day.
    *There is only sometimes someone selling food -so brings some snacks to keep you going.
    *When you are unpacking your car you are always inundated with the traders trying to pick up a bargain - they like to get in early to get the best deals but don't be intimidated and drop your price too much as the day is still young ! - They will come back if they really want it.
    *Everything sells - My friends can't believe that people will buy half used cosmetics etc but they do - better 50c in your pocket than throwing it in the bin and all those 50c add up.
    *Everyone is looking for a bargain - you will sell a high value item an odd time but have found that you are better off listing any really good stuff on ebay or similar
    * It is good fun and I always say "sure what else would I be doing on a Sunday morning apart from lying in bed" - it's a good way to have a good clear out from your house - make a few euros - maybe top up your tan and meet some people

The next one is on this Sunday 5th July 2009 and then it's every 2 weeks after that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

So the next one isnt on till the 19th of July?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Yes the 19th July is the next one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Thanks a million Purblebeach.

Advertisement