Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back up mp3 files

Options
  • 17-06-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭

Hope some one has a quick and easy fix for me.

I am trying to backup some mp3 and flac files from the hard drive to dvd.

they are all files ripped from my cd collection so no drm and no itunes bought tracks.

I thought I could drag and drop files onto the dvd drive, but its not happening.
    do i need some software

the drive shows dvd when in 'my computer' but when I put in a blank dvd it changes to cd drive.

Its a pioneer dvr 111 , running windows xp.
    any help ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

You normally get some form of burner software with either the drive or the computer but you can find loads of freeware you could use. I won't recommend one but found some that worked fine at www.majorgeeks.com for a friend the other day who was having a problem with Roxio.

Also I seem to remember that drive had a firmware update (most do) which might help but some software will be the first thing I think you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

I forgot I did flash the firmware, backwards though.(to enable it to play multiregion dvd.)

I have got power cinema suite. but its a pig to use.

will check out some of the free stuff. if anyone can reccommend any .
    Thanks
    John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

thanks BostonB. that worked a treat. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

For free its pretty good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement