Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 32" €400.99 @ Argos.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks decent ok.

Power City have a similar looking 32" HD ready Grundig for €300. Trouble is the model no. isn't listed. Can anyone find out more on this set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Grundig = Beko = Turkish Rebadge using once trustworthy German brand name that went out of business in about 2003 iirc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Grundig = Beko = Turkish Rebadge using once trustworthy German brand name that went out of business in about 2003 iirc

Thanks for that. I assume it means "avoid"? Any thoughts on "Acoustic Solutions"?

Badges like that are generally rebranded no-name products. Some can be good, some can be terrible. Same with Aldi and Lidl stuff, except they come with decent warrantys.

Actually Aldi had a 32" full hd tv last week for €350 with a 3 year warranty. Don't know what it was like but i'd go for that before any argos no-name/own brand stuff.

€340 actually. Are they still available? No contact number for Aldi on their website.

Full HD and that warranty are great for the price tbh.

• Advertisement

no idea, i think there might have been a thread on bargain alerts about it though, it might have more info.

Found it and bumped it. Unlikely they are still available. I'll try locally though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

cheers reserved this, have been loking for one like this all week, tesco had it for 399 but all there strores are sold out it was 430 and up every where else for the lg one thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

There's also a 37inch Elonex tv in DID for 349 if you want a slightly bigger one. It's only HD ready but for that price you can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Any thoughts on "Acoustic Solutions"?

Pure crap. Avoid at all costs.

Bought 2 in my life time, both had a load of problems mainly around diminishing contrast ratio and colours messing up.

Never again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i got the lg 3000 recently from richer sounds, 310 sterling + 15 euro delivery, a newer model also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

jayteecork wrote: »

Or as usual with Argos, save quite a bit in an NI store if you're nearby - £300 vs. €400:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001501&langId=-1&searchTerms=5293599+&Submit=GO+%3E

I don't know how Argos in Letterkenny is still in business with the three in Derry no distance away.

Advertisement