Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to serve with Fish pie

Options
  • 17-06-2009 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi I am quite new to all this cooking lark :) and am nervously planning to cook a fish pie for 6 people this weekend. I'm using the Ballymaloe recipe here
    http://cookingisfun.ie/pages/letters/archive.php?letter=2004/january/kilkennycookbook17thjan.htm#Kilkenny

(but planning to leave out the egg/spinach bit just to make it less complicated.)

Anyway, as there will be six of us the portions probably won't be that big so can anyone reccomend something to serve with the pie? Something simple please. Was thinking maybe some veg on the side and some brown soda bread. Any other suggestions?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Peas.

(Do I get a prize for the shortest post ever?:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Death to spinach :mad: Awful stuff altogeather.

What about a mix of baby veg. Baby carrots, green beans, mange tout, sweetcorn, asparagus and baby onions, brocolli. You could blanch them off
    beforehand and have some herb butter to just whack them in them microwave and serve. No hassle at the time and you can entertain your guests as opposed to slaving over an a la carte offering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

^ exactly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'm for peas too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Green beans (preferably runner beans).

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

salad!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Mushy Peas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

I'm definitely with the salad too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Give peas a chance ... anybody? .... I'll get the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

preilly79 wrote: »
    Give peas a chance ... anybody? .... I'll get the door
    Groan :D But seriously folks, peas really are the only accompaniment for a good fish pie.

Advertisement