Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to make a classified website

Options
  • 17-06-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hey gang

trying to start a classified website, where someone can list a secondhand surf board for sale for example, give a description, make,model, condition, price and location for example, so it would require a registration for example, and all of these details to be given,

is there an easy way of doing this for free using something like wordpress, or joomla or something like that?

i have the hosting and the host name already started, but just cos i know the name of things like wordpress or joomla, doesnt mean i have any idea of where to get them or how to get them to work!

so please be easy on me!

thanks v much
    P.S. ITS GOTTA BE FREE, IM PAYING ENOUGH FOR HOSTING AS IT IS!
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Hi,

Joomla has some classified ad scripts but I've never used any so cannot really advise you on which are best.
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/ads-&-affiliates/classified-ads

Theres a whole host of free classified scripts out there too.
    http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Classified_Ads/

Some of the better ones as far as I am aware are
    68classifieds
    phpclassifieds (Just Google these.)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Paying enough for hosting as it is eh? Shouldnt cost you more then €30 for that type of website (per year). Anyway, no hosting discussion is allowed here so back on topic.

The free solutions are ideally for those who can implement them with ease. Personally those on the script websites are poor but plugins for WordPress are probably your best bet.

Advertisement