Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sciences would you like to know more about?

• 17-06-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a Biologist, I've worked as a Biologist and Medical Writer for over 12 years now. During my Bachelors Degree I studied Maths, Chemistry and Computer Science as well.

Of all of these, the thing I found most interesting was modules on Physical Chemistry, particularly quantum physical Chemistry.

Having read a bit around the subject over the years I think I can safely say that it's the one area of science I'd like to know a lot more about.

So while my major area of interest is Biology, I think quantum mechanics would be the area I'd really love to know a lot more about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Although I'm not educated in any science formally (other than Leaving Cert) , I would love to learn about physics in general. I didn't take it for the leaving cert as my school didn't teach it but as I'm doing science in 3rd level; I'm hoping I can learn a lot more about it. For now I'll just have to make do with books and articles found on the net.

r3nu4l, do you think you'll pursue it further?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I did my BA in psychology but from a popular science point of view, I'm really interested in learning about physics and astronomy. I've been reading a few books but I find the whole area quite difficult (the physics anyway) I must admit! I'm away for the summer and I left my books in Ireland so it's on hold until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

First post in here, but the branch of science I'm interested in at the moment for many reasons is biomedical gerentology and life extension mainly because of this guy and actually wondering if there is a group or meeting of people who interest in this. I'm not a scientist but a Software/Computer Engineer by trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 annelouise

my newest area of intrest in agrophysics, its really interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Futurism wrote: »

r3nu4l, do you think you'll pursue it further?
    I'll probably not do any courses in the area, I've too many other things on the go, I will however be taking some time to go to my local library and maybe even buying some books on the area. The hardcore mathematics is something I'd have difficulty getting my head around as I only have a minor degree in Maths and even at that I wasn't too interested in the subject!

• Advertisement
Advertisement