Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

goody bags!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ladytri

jb-ski wrote: »
    thanks for all the replies. I'd forgotten about the out of date mustard!!! medals for me are just dust-collectors too, however Mrs jb-skihas hers proudly hanging in the wardrobe for motivation, so i guessit's horses for courses. so technical T-shirts with discreet logos seems to be a priorityfor starters. on the Kilcock/Athy late /non delivery of T-shirts, i better make sure Ladytri orders ours in plenty of time for the Lough Key Triathlon

I'm ahead of you on that on jb-ski, in discussions on technical tee's already:)
    Great thread though and I'll definitely be taking all these points on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

Gardai are free as well

Not always. They do charge for some events.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is possible to get the technical t's for relatively cheap entry fees though after the UK race I did the other week showed. Although it does have slightly more obvious advertising on it than the Adidas ones, which I'll have to defend again. They could be a lot more garish in the adverts on the back of them, but it is just a big white box on the back with a bunch of small ads in that really don't stand out that much.

I'd be more "offended" by the big C on the Cork Marathon T personally, and the less said about the Cupids Dash T the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

griffin100 wrote: »
    Hopefully this one doesn't dissapear in the post like may Kilcock one;)

Hmm, they were supposed to give an update on the jersey yesterday but no news was posted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

RJC wrote: »
    Don't forget, St. John's Ambulance/Red Cross are not for profit, .

...but rely on contributions from the public, including organisers of events such as races. Those ambulances and that equipment don't come cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I went up to watch a 5k in Bohermeen, Co. Meath and for a cheap enough enrty fee you got an all you can eat BBQ, bun burgers, hot dogs and there was sandwiches, cakes, beer, live music and a few outside fires with seats. What a community effort and spirit to put on such a show. I had thought no one would come even close to what West Waterford put on but Bohermeen is now a clear winner. Well done Bohermeen AC.
    Pictures of the race will appear here shortly.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/sets/72157619966993522/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Woddle wrote: »
    I went up to watch a 5k in Bohermeen, Co. Meath and for a cheap enough enrty fee you got an all you can eat BBQ, bun burgers, hot dogs and there was sandwiches, cakes, beer, live music and a few outside fires with seats. What a community effort and spirit to put on such a show. I had thought no one would come even close to what West Waterford put on but Bohermeen is now a clear winner. Well done Bohermeen AC.
    Pictures of the race will appear here shortly.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/sets/72157619966993522/

And this wasn't a once-off, its like that every year. Even have marquees in case its an Irish summer's day:eek:

If you want good value racing, with a personal touch, look to the smaller club events not big price marketing extravaganzas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruarl Runner

+1 for Boheermeen, it was my first time to run this and me thinks I will be back again!!! Bar-b-que, sambos, drinks and friendly family atmosphere beats the pants off any of the goody bags I have received recently!!!

Advertisement