Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The long goodbye

• 17-06-2009 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭

I shall sign off here from posting for a while, and leave you with a few non standard "baz" images - maybe its time to kill off "thebaz" completly - everything changes and moves on - he's become too grumpy too :-)

3528247842_c37dff8dca.jpg

3519466336_04d6f79cf2.jpg

3439021705_a8b77638a6.jpg

3593354335_9d420e18e3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

why Baz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Fear not Baz lovers I've discovered a new Baz in waiting!

http://pix.ie/foodstamp/album/343633

The world never stands still for long. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Cool more beggertography to brighten up this wet wednesday! Thanks for this AR and stop trying to hijack the Baz Tribute Thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

why Baz?

I have been going for personal critique for a while now, an internet forum may not be the best place for some of what I do, I've had a few threads that have got too heated for my liking, and I can be as "cranky" and angry as the best (as you know :-) . Boards has been brilliant for me, and I will continue to use for info etc. , but everything changes, and hopefully make the Christmas drink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

thebaz wrote: »
    I have been going for personal critique for a while now, an internet forum may not be the best place for some of what I do,

I find it interesting that you need to discuss leaving the forum in detail. There are, I think, less posters here than there were around the New Year and the discussions are less vibrant. By leaving, you will make another gap in the discussion, which I think is a pity.

The posts you have made have been invaluable to my progression here. I do not present my own work for C&C, as I often find presenting photos thematically and inviting others to join in seems to suit my personality better. Perhaps if you tried this method you could find reasons to stay?

For instance, the Street Photography thread took off quite well:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60605805

Your brilliant shots would be very welcome there and the emphasis is on technique and lens use.

Usually people who resort to making personal comments on any web forum are probably in a mood... or so I console myself, as I move on quickly to a more welcoming thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement