Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multicam Debate (Split from Multicam?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

Fox_One wrote: »

What!!:D

But that's where his 4 other buddies in mc are standing...:p

???? i never said that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rockercover

multicam = multishame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

multicam = multishame Multiglam

Fixed that for you:pac:

multicam = multishame Multiglamorusly Gayboy

Fixed for you :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Annnddddd..

to add to the debate, multicam is said to be the leading conpetitor in the race to replace the ever failing ACU pattern/Bargaintown cam.

If it aint any use, they wouldnt be using it. ;)

• Advertisement

He He americans use the sillyiest camo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

He He americans use the sillyiest camo :D

Rockercover, since you are online; please check your PMs from yesterday regarding an airsoft adverts issue.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Masada wrote: »
    If it aint any use, they wouldnt be using it. ;)

Sorry, we are talking about the same organisation that caused ACU, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ironically, the talk of "replacing" ACU with Multicam is on a strict deployment-only usage proposal. That being only those being deployed specifically to combat zones in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the only areas in the world where ACU actually works a treat. It's a great arid/mountainous/urban pattern, but feck all use elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I do not understand the massive circle jerk that has become the multicam following in airsoft... what is so special about this paticular pattern? someone please explain? It does not work everywhere... it limits you to american kit... It looks a bit... Flamboyant... what IS the specific attraction? does each set come with a set of keys to a Ferarri?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

NakedDex wrote: »
    Ironically, the talk of "replacing" ACU with Multicam is on a strict deployment-only usage proposal. That being only those being deployed specifically to combat zones in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the only areas in the world where ACU actually works a treat. It's a great arid/mountainous/urban pattern, but feck all use elsewhere.

And the last time any of us were in Afghanistan or Iraq?

What does that have to do with anything? I'm just say ACU isn't being ditched for ineffectiveness, it's being ditched because it isn't as universal as advertised. But what is?
    Firekitten wrote: »
    I do not understand the massive circle jerk that has become the multicam following in airsoft... what is so special about this paticular pattern? someone please explain? It does not work everywhere... it limits you to american kit... It looks a bit... Flamboyant... what IS the specific attraction? does each set come with a set of keys to a Ferarri?
    I don't understand it either. Personally I don't like it. I won't go so far as to say hate, but it's a strong dislike. It's scheme just looks a bit..., I don't know..., off. Like it's almost finished but it's missing a primary colour. I've got no clue as to the appeal aesthetically and I've personally only seen it blending into Irish environs effectively a handful of times.

oh its perfectly lovely... but I buy camoflage and wear it to reduce my visibility... or id wear civies...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Multiclam ... looks like O'Connel street on a Saturday morning after a rugby match. Yellow bilious vomit speckled with lumps of grey-meat-like-stuff and a few peas and carrots.

Trouble is that the damn stuff works. It's a jack of all trades. Does none of them brilliantly but is competent enough to handle itself in most environments.

... still perfer M84 for woodland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

I like multicam. I might even buy some. But to be perfectly honest I can only see it being properly effective during winter when the surroundings are much paler.then again I suppose you could say that about alot of camos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

why cant everyone wear what they want? jeeze people we have regen, its just a game wear it or dont...

maybe when they develop palletcam we will all be happy...

my thoughts are perfect summed up as follows: :D

madmax2.jpg

Airsoft is just an armed fashion show sometimes. Everyone has tastes in that regard and they normally overrule effectiveness when making a decision on camo choice. Tiger stripe tends to work rather well here, but I dislike how it looks so I wouldn't wear it. Six colour "chocolate chip" and Desert DPM desert camos are useless here but I rather like them and have a full loadout in each.

Multicam is fairly effective here too, but the debate seems to be more over it's fashionability than it's function. Hence the friendly jibing. I doubt anyone here would seriously care what anyone else wore to a skirmish.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Somebody should start a poll on this ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think it looks, and works quite well here.

Also, the amount of great accesories that are made (seemingly exclusively) in multicam are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bit harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

no need for the insults there
    he made a point , you disagree with it but thats no reason to try insult him

I think it looks, and works quite well here.

Also, the amount of great accesories that are made (seemingly exclusively) in multicam are brilliant.
    Which solely multicam accessories are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Peh, who cares. Camo shmamo, if they are easier to spot leave them be.

Good point...

But when one day mother russia clones multicam... It will be a sad day indeed... WHere is the duty car when one needs it?

As for palet cam... the argument is solved.... If one plays in a speedball style arena, naturally cam doesnt matter... some of us skirmish in forests, fields, towns, and actually are able to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

I have multicam myself, and lovingly refer to it as "multisham", Also have Britsh woodland, and flecktarn, now, In MY experience, for the majority of sites in ireland anyway, MC works best, If you have any idea of how to conceal yourself and stay still when enemies are close you will do just fine, And Mack is a god, so what he wears ill wear, And you cant beat Multicam for the Gucci Factor.... Oooooh with CB Accessories too!!! :D

That's one of the other things, multicam has lost it's gucci status. It's now common as muck, overtaking the trusty British DPM in some cases. Everyone and their mother seems to have something in multicam, most can't explain why beyond "'cos it's cool".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

That's your bloody influence that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Well Gucci or not ive found it works quite well in most environments, even up in GTAC i have seen people "vanish"

mcshape wrote: »
    And Mack is a god,

Do you realise if mcdonalds sponsored future weapons like magpull and Crye do... he would be wearing a ronald mcdonald suit?

He doesnt give a damn about it... its given to him and hes told to wear it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Firekitten wrote: »
    Do you realise if mcdonalds sponsored future weapons like magpull and Crye do... he would be wearing a ronald mcdonald suit?

He doesnt give a damn about it... its given to him and hes told to wear it.

but it would be an incredibly cool mc donalds suit....no?

as for mother russia...here is a classic

1221054704537ys2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement