Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does everything start up in U.L. for incoming first years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aaronlippy

hopin ta do music, media and performance.... dropped out last year from dublin.. hopefully dis course is more my thing...any body else doin it?? or know sum1 hu has done it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

aaronlippy wrote: »
    hopin ta do music, media and performance.... dropped out last year from dublin.. hopefully dis course is more my thing...any body else doin it?? or know sum1 hu has done it??

It's supposed to be very enjoyable, but no doss.

One piece of advice is lose the txt spk on here. There's a full variety of letters, symbols and numbers on your keyboard/keypad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

MMPT has a pretty hefty drop out rate afaik so don't slack off on the work even for 1st yr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

lil_dee wrote: »
    hoping to do business and french just hoping the points dont go up!! im glad to see i wont be the only one not knowing anyone
    im doin business and french too haha woo see you sooon :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Hey guys thanks for all the info from everyone throughout the last few pages. I'm hoping to do Business in UL but will have to wait until Monday to see if make the mark. Both excited and nervous about the prospect of attending UL. All my mates are going to Cork so I'll be pretty much on my own. I'm trying to make it seem like a good thing. My second choice is for Limerick too and that's in the bag so I'll be heading there either way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Hey guys thanks for all the info from everyone throughout the last few pages. I'm hoping to do Business in UL but will have to wait until Monday to see if make the mark. Both excited and nervous about the prospect of attending UL. All my mates are going to Cork so I'll be pretty much on my own. I'm trying to make it seem like a good thing. My second choice is for Limerick too and that's in the bag so I'll be heading there either way :D

Your going to love UL. And don't worry, you'll make plenty of friends. Heading out with your group during orientation week is always a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

I'm in the exact same situation as you! I only booked the accomodation on results day so that adds to the nerves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Im the same, rest of my freinds are going to galway, so im on my own, I should get electronics,

Where you staying?

Ive a place in plassey!

Business hopefully. It's been 390 the last 3 years and I got 395 so I'll have to wait until Monday to confirm.
    I've Kilmury booked man.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I'll be in Kilmurry too!

I'll know some girls going from my year but I wouldn't be great friends with them so I am basically going solo as well.
    Also trying to make it a good thing and the opportunity for a fresh start :)

• Advertisement

how do ya know when ya got a place? I booked the day of results and now i see on the ul site that they will soon be taking booking for waiting list or something. So does mean im not on any list?:confused:

snazzy wrote: »
    I'll be in Kilmurry too!

I'll know some girls going from my year but I wouldn't be great friends with them so I am basically going solo as well.
    Also trying to make it a good thing and the opportunity for a fresh start :)

^^ Knows ^^

:cool:

Indeedy.
    I'm going to presume you too are secretly petrified about the whole thing but also extremely excited to get going.
    Bit torn.

Haha that's exactly it man. Definatly more stoked about it than scared though.

woman*
    Same here.
    On a side note, your user name is an instant win right here.

As for the incoming first years are we ACTUALLY moving into the student accommodation on the check-in day of August 30th?

snazzy wrote: »
    woman*
    Same here.
    On a side note, your user name is an instant win right here.

As for the incoming first years are we ACTUALLY moving into the student accommodation on the check-in day of August 30th?

Oh crap my bad! :pac:
    On a side note it's win that you think my name is win :D
    Also that's a question I'd like to know the answer to. I'm thinking so but not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Seems unlikely that you will have to stay. On the other thread sceptre said that it is best to come down the night before your orientation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Slightly shocked with my results, scared, and nervous about ul, but excited at the same time,

With a dose of "will I like my course" thrown in;)

Secoundrow wrote: »

This is what is niggling away worrisomely at the back of my head as well.
    I think I picked a hard enough course!:confused:

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Seems unlikely that you will have to stay. On the other thread sceptre said that it is best to come down the night before your orientation.

Once you come down on the 30th, you're basically at college for the year. I'm from Limerick so that wasn't to difficult for me, but most people should be staying for the week once they book in on the 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Slightly shocked with my results, scared, and nervous about ul, but excited at the same time,

Oh God yeah. I'm actually in a panic.. Its all happening so soon! I thought college was a mid Sept kinda thing. I know 3 others heading to UL. So not great. I'm worrying soooo much I'm thinking of transferring to another course in UL on Monday.:(:rolleyes:

I know 3 others heading to UL. So not great. I'm worrying soooo much I'm thinking of transferring to another course in UL on Monday.:(:rolleyes:
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I "knew" lots of people, but I actually only knew 3/4 people, and not to be harsh on my friends (sorry TheInquisitor), I probably would have fit in a lot better and sooner if I didn't have a comfort net. There's supports EVERYWHERE for all students for all issues from missing home to getting unexpectedly pregnant.

Anywho, if you want to come to UL but not sure which course, email sueducation@ul.ie and Aoife will point you in the right direction before you have to decide on your CAO offer.

Here lads, I'm going to shove this question in here.
    What's teh scéal with the gym?
    How much is it for student membership for a year?

185 for the college year and i read somewhere here its 180 if you pay at a village reception

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thelittleflames

I got the points for my course in ul and last April I paid the deposit for on campus accomodation.I did get a receipt but it never mentioned which village i got [ I put down Plassey as first choice ]. I also never received any letter about the 22nd of August where you can have a look at the accomodation. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

I got the points for my course in ul and last April I paid the deposit for on campus accomodation.I did get a receipt but it never mentioned which village i got [ I put down Plassey as first choice ]. I also never received any letter about the 22nd of August where you can have a look at the accomodation. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Email Rose.Merrigan@ul.ie

Anyone else get a text from the UL Accom this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Yep, good man you are after reminding me to have a look at the instructions to accept. Can't think of what to text back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Oh God yeah. I'm actually in a panic.. Its all happening so soon! I thought college was a mid Sept kinda thing. I know 3 others heading to UL. So not great. I'm worrying soooo much I'm thinking of transferring to another course in UL on Monday.:(:rolleyes:

how can you change course?

• Advertisement

Got my first choice (Business) and have confirmed my accommodation. It's all official and kinda weird now. Yet I'm delighted at the same time :D

Advertisement