Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT DSL in Stillorgan

Options
  • 17-06-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi Guys,

Has anyone BT here in Stillorgran, Dublin?
    I've just ordered option 3 and im sure that i will get only up to 7,6 mbps
    so i just want to know what speed are you getting here...down/up
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

as with all DSL, the speed you get mostly depends on your phone line and your internal wiring...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Am about to can it - just got UPC 20Mb in. I am tired of BT as during the day (when I need it for work etc) it is useless and nights ain't much better.

The speedtest's report well but the latency is just terrible - loading of pages etc.

I am on Dundrum exchange which is not on 24Mb yet but even if it was I cannot believe it would better as I reckon that since they started offering 24Mb it has slowed for everyone else. Bit like M50 - 4 lanes for most of it but then 2 lanes at the bit that matters; and everything has to wait to get into those 2 lanes at peak times.

Advertisement