Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When the Chips are down

• 17-06-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Guys just wanted some feedback on something i seen this morning, travelling the usual commute to work and came across resurfacing works along the way. Loose chippings all along the stretch of the road but plenty of warning signs to keep the speed down to 25kph. I was at the back of a line of about 5 cars driving along that met some clown coming towards us at speed (in excess of 60kph) that sprayed chips on all he cars. Seen one of the cars pull in with what looked like a cracked windscreen but plenty of body chips on all vehicles if my own is anything to go by. Caught a partial reg but was wondering is there any point reporting this to the guards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'd need a full reg, but even then I don't think it's a criminal offense to break the speed limit set by temporary signs, so there's not a lot that can be done except maybe cite him for driving without due care. If you had a full reg number you could pursue him for the damages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I personally think the councils shouldn't be allowed to leave a road like that, because guaranteed that as far as they are concerned the road is now resurfaced and it'll be left like that (but the signs removed of course).

Could try going after them instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭budhabob

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I personally think the councils shouldn't be allowed to leave a road like that, because guaranteed that as far as they are concerned the road is now resurfaced and it'll be left like that (but the signs removed of course).

Could try going after them instead?

Roads are left like that for a temperoray time, to allow the chips to bed, and then following 14 days (i think) it should be swept to pick up any additional loose chips. This SHOULD be common practice in most counties anyway.

Advertisement