Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Property Guides - Bogus Marketing title?

• 17-06-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I got a call yesterday from the above named company, offering to give me some free coverage in the above named publication. The only thing they are looking for from me is a list of my customers / suppliers to advertise on the page along with the piece. Now the dodgy bit is the email came from a gmail address, and she was very pushy. Just feels wrong, so not going for it but has anyone had any experience of them? DublinMedia is the company name

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ashcoops

Hi Just joined this to reply to your thread, where I work the same thing happened. We have sent the info re suppliers names etc and I followed up on it and eventually a photographer called to our showrooms and took photo's and I have filled in a questionnaire for the info to be put into a feature. Also totally free of charge! I am a bit concerned after reading your post though. It was approx 1 month or so ago when i recieved the first phone call about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 GoldenGoose

I don't think your customers / suppliers are going to be to pleased when they start getting either hit up for a contribution for an ad on the page featuring your business or unsolicited contact from every Tom, Dick and Harriet that their detail have been passed onto.

Still we live to learn

Well really i don't think my suppliers would mind as to be honest we have had to do the same on numberous occasions when advertising. They will choose whether on not to take the advert and realistally in this day and age it's a good thing to have a company mentioned on anything they can afford as if other people see the product being good then they might just want to purchase too! I don't think I have any lession to learn from this, and if I do I don't think it's anything to do with giving my suppliers name and phone number! All they have to do is say 'No' if they don't want it!

LOL. Judging by all those exclamation marks you were less than pleased by my reply!

You said in your post,
    "I am a bit concerned after reading your post though. It was approx 1 month or so ago when i recieved the first phone call about it!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but you appear to be having some doubts about the offer. Understandable!

It could be that the company is simply experiencing problems getting the publication out. Perhaps waiting for more advertisers or who knows what. It could also just be a way of getting lists.

That being the case your suppliers are going to receive a far larger number of requests than orders.

Yes you are probably right, they are just trying to increase their lists....and my suppliers will probably get more calls which I know is very annoying alright! Sorry if I seemed a bit aggressive in my responce by the way :)

• Advertisement

Hi, That was my point.

Seemed more defensive than aggressive. We all have off days apology accepted.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Just got off the phone with them again, asked about their ABC figures and could they send me a copy of a previous magazine.......She said they had no copies left to send me(must be very popular so!!). And when I mentioned ABC to her she started telling me the percentage of ABC1 readers they had, when I asked if she could send me these details, she said she would try to get it to me.

I won't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 garymoran

missed call off ipg. ring back some guy answered phone he told the name of the company,i asked what it was about so he didnot tell me asked again and said he was a cleaner and said michelle would ring me back.(you get notting for notting in this life and if you do it ant no good):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Max, as you possibly guessed - they don't have an ABC cert or have they ever.

As for an ABC1 Figure - would mean they conducted research - which if done by a reputable firm - they should be delighted to give you.

Stay well away - i keep media data and have never come across them - and the gmail thingy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

why would anyone consider giving anyone a list of their customers? :confused:
    never mind data protection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement