Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Clubs in Navan or surrounding areas...?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,Have moved to Meath from the coast and so dont get to sea fish as much as I used to but would like to still get out fishing.I would like to join a club or get in touch with anyone who could have info on where to fish and what to fish for around the area.I would be a complete beginner at fresh water fishing but we all had to start somewhere right....!??Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 missilesting

try pike fishing on the lakes if ur in navan ur only a short hop in a car to several lakes with great pike fishing 30 min drive will get ya to plenty fishing without joining any club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭KAZ0077

Cheers, ok, i'll call into anglers world ans see what tackle i might need...i am pretty sure my sea gear would be too heavy?

Thanks again,

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eddie12

Hi,
    You should drop into anglers world in Navan and ask there. I forget the owners name but I met him a few times in pike competitions and he was a very helpfull guy.
    http://www.anglersworld.ie/page.asp?id=Contact

the prices over in anglers world are a rip off try www.directfishingtackle.com
    run by a drogheda guy half the price of the shops and ya can collect or have stuff delivered. good gear

also duleek and district anglers have a club membership for about 45 euro a great little club only 12 miles or so from navan they have about 12 or 14 pike competitions a year and loads trout competitions if ya google them i'm sure ya can get in contact with the chairman i was in it myself only dont have the time now

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Call into Anglers World or Clarkes Sportsden. There is a very active club in Navan and they have very good Salmon and Trout waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭KAZ0077

Yeah, Anglers world is pretty expensive alright. I am a bit of a tackle tart when it come sto sea fishing so know what generally is a good price but that is one expensive shop!!

But seems a mine oif information. Thanks, will look into the duleek and Navan clubs.
    Thanks everyone, great help am going mad without me fishing!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭lol_leo

I know its an older thread but hope you didnt join navan anglers as there is no fish i the boyne around the navan area at the moment. I fished this river for years but there is not a trout left in it! I think it has been poluted by the new water works at kilcarn but everything has been keep hush hush. As i said therre was very good fishing there years ago but not a fish left in the place now!

ps...yeah the prices in anglers world are a joke!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

lol_leo wrote: »
    I know its an older thread but hope you didnt join navan anglers as there is no fish i the boyne around the navan area at the moment. I fished this river for years but there is not a trout left in it! I think it has been poluted by the new water works at kilcarn but everything has been keep hush hush. As i said therre was very good fishing there years ago but not a fish left in the place now!

Pal of mine has cuaght umpteen salmon there on the fly this year, including a 9lb grisle on Tuesday last. There's plenty of fish in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭lol_leo

Pal of mine has cuaght umpteen salmon there on the fly this year, including a 9lb grisle on Tuesday last. There's plenty of fish in it.

Salmon sure as they come up the river. I was referring to trout! Spoke to friend of mine who says there is trout in the ramparts but from Kilcarn bridge into town there is nothing! I spent my life growing up around this area and know this part of the river inside out and knew all the good spots for fish...there is not one decent trout left in it!!! I believe the re-opening of the waterworks at kilcarn has done some major damage but of course its been kept quiet!!! Public works!

• Advertisement
Advertisement