Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idesign - PDF - (Backgrounds indesign, white via PDF?)

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I want to make a 5 page doc via indesign (Background paes are diff colours)

when I export the file from indesign to make a PDF file, the backgrounds are now white...

How do I make the backgrounds the same colour in the PDF file, as they are with indesign?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I bet you changed the Paper colour to something else.

What you need to do is draw a shape, rectangle, and fill the rectangle with a colour.

Place this on the master page Window>Pages and then go the Master Pages and insert the rectangle there.

Whatever appears on the master page appears on every page that is designated with that master.

If you can't do this then don't worry. Simply put the rectangle on each page
    and Send to Back (right click or cmd click to get contextual menu).

The paper colour is really for setting up print jobs that will be printed on different colour pages.

If you have blue ink on yellow paper it turns green, because ink is not opaque and the yllow and blue mix to make green.

So different coloured paper has different effects on the colour of the ink.

You don't need to worry about this happening if you draw a rectangle on the page.

Because what InDesign will do is cause the shapes that are coloured to knockout the colour behind it, so it can print a pure colour instead of mixing with the yellow.

You may want to look up "print knockout" to help you further understand.

anyway, change the paper colour back to white.

And put a rectangle behind everything in the document coloured the colour you like.

Indesign will handle the rest, don't worry about colours mixing or anything like that.

Advertisement