Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 3 muderer jailed for 23 years :o

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭

Yep, well the dickhead who murdered his mother and shot his father when they took Halo3 from him has been jailed for 23 years, deserves more IMO. Anywho, of course this is being blamed on violence in video games.. As far as i know he actually made it look like a murder suicide and ran into the night with nothing but his copy of Halo3.

Your thoughts?

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/06/16/teen-halo-3-gamer-be-sentenced-murder-mom

thestupiditburns.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He might have gotten less time if he killed them over a good game.

Seriously there's something wrong with anyone that kills somebody, over a game or not. The media has already jumped on this one but Halo is unrealistic cartoon violence compared to many games but the Daily Mail ignorant masses won't ever believe this. We just have to wait a few years until games are truly mainstream and accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Did he rank up after the kills?

/gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Jesus :eek: ,how many achievement points is that worth?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Another example of news media hyping a story and pointing the blame completly in the wrong direction. He's a ****ing psycho...thats it.
    And I firmly believe that Daniel Petric had no idea, at the time he hatched this plot, that if he killed his parents, they would be dead forever.
    Riiiiiiggghhhhhtttt.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So he thought he could reload his old savegame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It didn't say in the article... did he teabag them after?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can't believe the reason cited for the "low" 23 year sentence (opposed to Life)
    Defense lawyers argued video game obsession as a motivating factor behind the killing...that Daniel didn't think the deaths would be real due to his immersion in Halo 3.

\:mad:/ wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Amusingly, 23 years would be an absurdly long sentence in our retarded justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

He'll probably get pwned in prison. Those campers can tear you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

by the time he gets out halo 23 will be out:D

yipee:)

seriously though!

killing someone over halo???

maybe recession had hit him badly and he couldnt afford 15 euro to replace it;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Stephen wrote: »
    Amusingly, 23 years would be an absurdly long sentence in our retarded justice system.
    True. But the actual length of the sentence being irrelevant, the fact that that was accepted as a defense for a lighter sentence of any duration, is beyond stupid.

Perhaps the court of Ohio believes in ghosts and felt this troubled youth was posessed by Cortana in the flesh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I blame Gravemind.

what the Hell... i've never even played Halo.

I blame the little shop of horrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I blame the polish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I blame the little shop of horrors.

Audrey II is psychic.

/offtopic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Never even heard about this till now, I assume it was in America yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Yeah. He shot both his parents in the head, miraculously his Dad survived. He then took back his copy of Halo 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

rizzla wrote: »
    He'll probably get pwned in prison. Those campers can tear you a new one.
    Ha ha ha. Hate campers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Olterior

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ha ha ha. Hate campers.

he will be butt-shot in prison thats 4 shur :D

Advertisement