Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor "Policy" re: faulty handsets

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I bought a Sony Erricson handset in a Meteor store a while back. The handset lasted less than 6 months before the screen stopped working.

I brought it back to the shop for repair, (paid €50 deposit for the privilege of a crappy replacement phone - with no charger). When i got the phone back i found it hadn't been repaired at all i.e. screen still wasn't working. I contacted the National Consumer Agency who advised me i was entitled to a full refund in these circumstances. The staff in the shop disputed this and said it was company policy to send faulty handsets for repair 3 times before a replacement or refund would be considered.I decided to take the matter through the small claims court, Meteor have not responded at all to this, have been awarded judgement by default.

It seems that Meteor hope people will just put up with poor after sales service and maybe buy a new handset or just f**k off instead of chasing up the refund/replacement to which they are entitled.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

have you now got a refund from meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Most, if not all, of the operators have the same 3-repair policy. It's bollox, as no warranty or store policy can revoke your statutory rights, which gives the consumer the right to seek alternate redress. Most people don't know this, nor are they willing to go to the trouble of taking it as far as you did. More should.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closed due to being a duplicate thread.

OP, please do not create multiple versions of the same thread.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement