Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allright teh boys! any suggestions for stag w/e?

• 17-06-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have the unenvoius task of planning the stag weekend, and I have partyers block :/

Any ideas for a stag weekeend in Ireland - the wedding is abroad so it's gotta be in the 32 somewhere...

Ed
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Fire a dart at a map of Ireland, wherever it lands, go there, get pished, and wreck the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Anywhere that isn't Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Fire a dart at a map of Ireland, wherever it lands, go there, get pished, and wreck the place

Also known as "the Traveller Stag"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Do you want pure drinking or activities and drinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,011 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hire a bus and driver and set put with a packed wallet and the intention of hitting every county before you stop. Rules include at least 3 pints in every county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

how about paintball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Do whatever the hell ye feel like. Just make sure ye do it well away from me and my house, alright?

Hire some strippers or some sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Hire a boat in Carrick on Shannon. Small town, but a good night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Belfast is supposed to be nice at this time of the year. May I suggest you all dress up in Romanian soccer jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Shannon cruises are meant to be great craic, I know a good few stags that have gone on one and all raved about it. You rent your own boats and drive / sail them for the weekend, sleeping in them along the way and stopping off different places for dinner / drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Cancel the wedding :D

Get a big bus, fill it with lads (or game women) and head off to loads of pubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

This is perfect timing. You'll just have time to get to the National Gallery and see the Thomas Roberts (1748-1777) exhibition. It's closing on the 28th so hurry! Your friends will be sure to thank you after.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was in Carlow town for a weekend away not so long ago, fairly kickin' place tbh, I was suprised.. It's more lively than Kilkenny.. Full and I mean FULL of Hens parties... The Foundary is the best club in Ireland IMHO..

I'm assuming you're not from Carlow btw.. If you are, scratch the above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Coppers!

your garenteed your last ride before the ball and chain there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

OldGoat wrote: »
    This is perfect timing. You'll just have time to get to the National Gallery and see the Thomas Roberts (1748-1777) exhibition. It's closing on the 28th so hurry! Your friends will be sure to thank you after.

Make sure you show up locked though. Everyone else will be you dont wanna be the odd ones out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

A session of go karting in Santry , hire some strippers for a private poker party(PPP) and some booze. If i was a lad, i'd be in HEAVEN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Try to coincide with some sporting event your group is into. If you don't, you run the risk of actually having to organise something 'official' and you then run the danger of it turning into a hen night!

Other than that, bring a football and find a beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

thats awsome advice, 10 pints a few shots of Tequila, and some culture. That would be hilarious.

Make sure you show up locked though. Everyone else will be you dont wanna be the odd ones out.
    thats awsome advice, 10 pints a few shots of Tequila, and some culture. That would be hilarious.

Why do I have the feeling no one is taking me seriously? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Pub crawl in the wicklow mountains.

• Advertisement

Why do I have the feeling no one is taking me seriously? :o

im as serious as erectile disfunction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Shannon cruises are meant to be great craic, I know a good few stags that have gone on one and all raved about it. You rent your own boats and drive / sail them for the weekend, sleeping in them along the way and stopping off different places for dinner / drinks.

Yep, we had a great stag do on the shannon, although we didn't make it past the locks either side of carrick. Two boats and plenty of water bombs are the order of the day :D
    xzanti wrote: »
    I was in Carlow town for a weekend away not so long ago, fairly kickin' place tbh, I was suprised.. It's more lively than Kilkenny.. Full and I mean FULL of Hens parties... The Foundary is the best club in Ireland IMHO..

I'm assuming you're not from Carlow btw.. If you are, scratch the above :)

I did a stag in carlow last year. i must admit we all groaned when they told us where it was, but we had a very good time. i only did the Saturday night, but most of the lads went over on the Friday night, went out on thepish and spent saturday playing golf before more frivolity saturday night.

Agree on the foundry as well, huge bloody place and a good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Limerick. You'll have to go a fair bit out of the city to get into stabalot zones. Stayed in Jury's, went paintballing Saturday, Nightlcubs were a good laugh.

Only other place would be Galway. Again, stayed in Jurys (t'was the wedding this time), and I know from being in Galway many many times, the pubs are good, and theres an adventure centre or two nearby.
    I did a stag in carlow last year.
    If you goto there, check if there's a band in "The Tower". It's a venue hooked up to the foundry. Allowed you to go from dance club, into a gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

+1 got the boat on the Shannon trip.

Great fun with the extra spice of possibly drowning.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Killarney and Dingle are both great places to get pissed in.

im as serious as erectile disfunction!
    Now thats as seriously serious as you can get! :eek:

Hope the groom doesn't suffer from similar after his afternoon of strenious gallery gazing. Those Rubens and Botero paintings can scare the pants off the young and impressionable and about to be wed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Any decent size town. They might sound bad when you compare with going to Amsterdam or Prague, but you'll have a decent time with a crowd of mates. Dingle and Killarney were mentioned. Letterkenny, Drogheda, Longford, Westport, Carlow, Wicklow, Navan, Mullingar, Carrick on Shannon (don't get confused with Carrick on Suir), Castlerea, Ennis, Sligo, Kells, Mallow etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Re: going out in Carlow.
    The foundry has had a complete overhaul and is pretty nice now! It used to be some kip.. Good craic though.

Oh and yeah.. foundry to the tower. Always good to change around depending on your mood!

Sleipnir wrote: »
    +1 got the boat on the Shannon trip.

Great fun with the extra spice of possibly drowning.

any stag there is that risk, drowning on beer, vomit or an awsome mixture of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Carrickfergus
    Carrick on Shannon
    Carrick-on-Suir

Advertisement