Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5140i help!!!

• 17-06-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

My dad owns a nokia 5140i which is suppossedly water, shock etc.... proof. It's one of those builders/adventurers phones. The problem he has is that the ringtone which is on full volume and is the standard nokia one fails to work and all he hears is a little beep istead, when someone calls. We thought that it was the profile which was somehow timed returning to silent, so I changed all profiles to full blast ringtones. However within a few calls it started beeping again and we don't know what do do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you tried restoring the factory settings (make sure the numbers are backed up) Take the sim and battery out for a minute. If none of that works it'll have to go for repair..

you could treat your dad to a B2700, excellent phone, http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_b2700-review-279.php

There's a B2700 and a B2100, the B2700 is the one to get it's a lot nicer to use and has a clearer screen and better camera...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is he holding the # key, or hitting it in his pocket as this would return the profile to silent.

Its also a problem with old basic nokias where they do not ring. In most cases where the phone is never turned off. Its advisable to turn it off and on every few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

you can change it in profiles... its a setting you can have it beep, get louder the longer it takes you to answer or just ring normal... hope this helps

Advertisement