Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to disconnect an immobiliser // Daewoo Lanos

• 17-06-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hey.
    basically i have a spare key with no immobiliser chip in it.
    i broke the immobiliser chip in the original key.
    i dont want to spend 220e to get a new key.

Can i just disconnect the immobiliser from the ignition somehow, and use the other key to start the car?

Its been sitting outside for a month or two now, driving me mad :(
    Any suggestions? =]

(1999 daewoo lanos se saloon)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would imagine that the immobiliser is integrated into the ECU and pretty much impossible to disconnect. Spend the €220!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭EyeDeeOne

ah right.
    dont know too much about immobilisers..
    was just hoping ^^

no money..
    guess itll be sitting here for another while! =O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Whats wrong with your old key ?

If you just broke the blade you can just sellotape the two plastic bits together.

And you will be able to start the car that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

This worked for me, hope it does the same for you.

If you can get a copy of your old key, €15 for a basic blank copy.

Once you have it, put it in the ignition, have the broken key touching

the new key sa you turn to start it. Got my copy of my broken

key done at Autokey.ie there in Tallaght. Sound lads. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

Tape the old key to the transponer around the ignition lock, and tie it up under the dash, you can then use ur other key to start the car. The transponer is the black plastic piece that sits on the front of the ignition lock with wires going into, remove it and tape the key to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sam.

kbannon wrote: »
    I would imagine that the immobiliser is integrated into the ECU and pretty much impossible to disconnect. Spend the €220!

Think you are right. 220 euro for a key for a Lanos? When I was on the service desk in my past I remember seeing a key for a lanos costing about 70 or 80 euro. They key was only about 30 and then the cutting and programming was the rest.

Was that 220 for a whole lock set or something? Or an immobilizer unit?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

kbannon wrote: »

Agreed.

At best try a few other Daewoo dealers and maybe a locksmith or two - see if you get a more reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭EyeDeeOne

Sam. wrote: »
    Think you are right. 220 euro for a key for a Lanos? When I was on the service desk in my past I remember seeing a key for a lanos costing about 70 or 80 euro. They key was only about 30 and then the cutting and programming was the rest.

Was that 220 for a whole lock set or something? Or an immobilizer unit?
    :confused:

eh the 220 was for them to come out and program a key for me
    120 if i tow the car into them

i dont have an immob chip to put beside the ignition anymore.

cheers for the replies.
    xD
    ill get a new key in a month r two.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭goldenwonder

i reckon ya give up your hopes and dreams of being a proud lovely dae woo owner and buy an accent with tinted windows and blingin wheels. classy:rolleyes::)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

i reckon ya give up your hopes and dreams of being a proud lovely dae woo owner and buy an accent with tinted windows and blingin wheels. classy:rolleyes::)
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement