Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibood customer service

Options
  • 17-06-2009 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find ibood's customer service atrocious? I know their delivery times can vary wildly, but their all round communication is appalling.

I don't want to turn this into a rant but I recently bought an electric toothbrush which was finally delivered about 3 weeks later with no communication during that time. But I'd expect as much from them. Now they have said that some customers have complained that the toothbrush doesn't match the spec and that I can send it back if I like (at my own inconvenience and expense).

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_list_comments.php?product=11395

I have queried this but yet again am waiting on a reply. I have bought from ibood before but think this this may be the final straw and I don't think I'm going to bother with them again.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ibood customer service is atrocious!! There was a attempt of a ibood user on boards a few weeks again, but they did nothing just a pr stunt, with no substance.

You may get better customer service from the Uk office rather then the one person who does returns in holland. You can find the number on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

They are dreadful. I copy the e-mail I sent to them about a delayed order earlier this month. I will never order from them again as the waiting/frustration more that offsets any perceived savings. I can't see them remaining in business much longer with the current approach to Customer Service.

Good morning
    I wish to cancel my order XXXXXX. Please arrange a refund of the money you debited from my account as soon as possible. Also please remove my e-mail details and registration details from your system as I do not ever plan on ordering from you again based on the level (or lack of) service I have experienced. I realise in every organisation things go wrong from time to time but to me the lack of information/update post order placement on a high value item is not acceptable, especially when the customer has requested an update more than once.
    Specifically;
    1) The failure of your company to deliver my order in an acceptable timeframe.
    2) The broken commitments around delivery 'Your order will be delivered within 1 to 3 days'
    e-mailed to me on 15/05/2009.
    3) The difficulty in a) contacting and b) receiving information from your company. I have no idea
    what the delay is/was on this item OR when it could be delivered and it seems that your business
    model is to debit the customers bank account at order stage and the customer has then to wait to
    see when/if the item will arrive, without any further contact or updates from your company
    (apart from a misleading e-mail received on 15/05/2009 indicating that the order would be
    delivered in 1-3 days).
    4) No meaningful responses to e-mails seeking the above information. Note the e-mail below
    from 29/05/09 to which I have not yet received a response 'We still have to wait the reply
    from our logistic partner which usually takes time 1-2 working days. However, we will get
    back to you as soon as possible.'
    5) The misleading and frustrating status of 'Order Sent' on your Orders Page, which does not match
    the information displayed on the Courier Tracking system of 'Billing Information Received' i.e
    the courier company indicates they have not yet taken possession of this delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I feel your pain E30i. I had actually emailed toward the end of the 3 week turn around period requesting that my order be cancelled and my credit card refunded but by the time they replied my order had been dispatched - how convenient!!

And now for this to happen with them saying the tooth brush I ordered might not be to spec and I can send it back if I want to??!! As you said - "he waiting/frustration more that offsets any perceived savings" - I couldn't agree more.

Totally unprofessional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 linedash

4 weeks for an RMA reply telling me to talk to the manafacturer.

Hellllooooo Visa - chargeback please. Single worst customer experience ever - could not possibly recommend them to anyone.

It's not like this is a once off either - I've purchased over 200 quids worth of stuff over 3 orders and had problems with 2 of those orders. On each occasion it's taken at least 3 weeks to get a reply.

Nobody picks up the telephone either.

Advertisement