Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pawn Shop

Options
  • 17-06-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've been dragging through the golden pages today and can't seem to find anywhere that descirbes themselves as a pawn shop so thought I'd ask on here if anyone knew any before I started to ring places to ask. Basically what I'm looking for is somewhere that will buy an engagement ring off, it's only 5months old so it's not an antique or anything like that but it's still technically brand new since she said no and I've only now managed to get to the point of being able to sell it. Anyway less of my sob story, anyone that can point me in the right direction the help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Go to a jewellers and see if they'll buy it.

A Pawn Shop will rip you the hell off, you'll be lucky to get ~20% of the actual worth of the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭flefla

Thanks very much for the advice Des...will have to start ringing jewellers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a pawn shop downstairs in the jewellers on the corner of marlborough street and cathedral street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You could always try Wright's of Marino/Howth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Des wrote: »
    You could always try Wright's of Marino/Howth.

Blank-Facepalm.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement