Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canceling XBox Live?!?!?!

• 17-06-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Alright folks I have had enough of Live, we'll truth is I signed up for 1 month nut they automatically renew the membership each month. I would have signed up for 12 months but just had a loan of GTA4 so went online to play it. I reckon I will have to call microsoft and cancel this to start a new 6 or 12 month subscription. Has anyone had this problem or contacted Xbox Live Support? I cant seem to find any phone numbers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Their phone no is on the xbox website somewhere. Google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

From a mobile its: +353 12420758
    From a landline its: 1 800 509 186

Had same problem, but had to cancel the credit card for other reasons. Then, they banned my Gamertag when the direct debit stopped and had to start from scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact/

Xbox.com > support > contact us

Not hard is it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

How'd it go?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Conor Berbatov

Rang the number and its sorted - the bloke said that if you want to cancel you have to phone otherwise it renews automatically! Bit of a scam if u ask me. Seen a few threads on this where you can get the cards for it a bit cheaper so reckon i'll be goin for that next time.

noise 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Rang the number and its sorted - the bloke said that if you want to cancel you have to phone otherwise it renews automatically! Bit of a scam if u ask me. Seen a few threads on this where you can get the cards for it a bit cheaper so reckon i'll be goin for that next time.

noise 1
    Not really a scam, considering most of us don't read the smallprint when agreeing to things on the 'net. Its there somewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's still a scam even if it's legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Conor Berbatov

Exactly my point retrogamer. Single Malt do me a favour and next time u wanna post stuff that is completely useless and unhelpful waste ur own time and not mine by putting ur comments elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Not really a scam, considering most of us don't read the smallprint when agreeing to things on the 'net.

Exactly. Then you should put it where people will actually read it rather than hiding it where people won't look.

Its fairly important, they should have flashing lights and bells around it. I know I wouldn't have signed up for the 1 month sub with my credit card if i knew it was going to be billed after that.

I only wanted it for one month so I paid for one month.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I agree it is a bit of a scam, paying with credit card should be the cheapest way to subscribe as its money straight to MS and not to a middleman first.

I think its ridiculous that 360 players even have to pay for live considering that PS3 players don't.

The best way to subscribe is by getting the card off the internet sellers, usually instant delivery and up to €30 cheaper then the shops

• Advertisement
Advertisement