Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Listowel

Options
  • 17-06-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hiya,

im moving to Listowel soon and i was wondering where the best place is to go to to meet people?

I do not know anyone and i will also rent on my own so i panic already of being bored.

Are there any sport clubs around? Language classes? Anything?

Or is anyone interested in going walking in the evenings?

Where is the best place to go with dogs around listowel? Maybe some fields or walks where you can let them run without lead.

Hope for answers...

Sumse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

sumse wrote: »
    Hiya,

im moving to Listowel soon and i was wondering where the best place is to go to to meet people?

I do not know anyone and i will also rent on my own so i panic already of being bored.

Are there any sport clubs around? Language classes? Anything?

Or is anyone interested in going walking in the evenings?

Where is the best place to go with dogs around listowel? Maybe some fields or walks where you can let them run without lead.

Hope for answers...

Sumse

Hiya,
    Maybe a bit of info would help us inform you. Age, gender, hobbies etc.

We can advise what suits you then:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sumse

of course i can do that :)

im female 27 years old, have 2 small dogs.
    hobbies... cinema, dvd junkie, reading, my dogs.
    im up to everything really.

would be great if i hear back from someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

sumse wrote: »
    of course i can do that :)

im female 27 years old, have 2 small dogs.
    hobbies... cinema, dvd junkie, reading, my dogs.
    im up to everything really.

would be great if i hear back from someone...

A good pub to meet locals is Christys at the top of the square (the one with two churches in it!). Its a good one for the age group. Big lads GAA haunt and basketball girls too (lartige listowel if your into basketball there always looking for players).

Cinema is in listowel...bigger one in Tralee. Listowel has quite a large park to walk the dogs on. Ballybunion is by far the best for walking them though, on the beaches (although you not supposed to, nobody will bother you) or the cliff walk.

Ballybunion is where to go for a night out in the summer, Monday night in JD's is madness (monday nite madness to be correct:D). Ballyb has great pubs.

Advertisement