Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Performance

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i tink google was broken earlier on ,,i had contact with all my msn contacts just couldnt surf the web for the usual and come to tink of it is this going 3 nites in a row now lol damm bulmers lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i tink google was broken earlier on ,,i had contact with all my msn contacts just couldnt surf the web for the usual and come to tink of it is this going 3 nites in a row now lol damm bulmers lol

:eek: someone broke google , i hope they dont break the internet too or we are all fooked:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

nyquist wrote: »
    Getting sick of this. NTL/UPC DNS Servers acting up again. I can only get to a few irish websites - rte.ie, boards.ie, wit.ie etc
    Can't access gmail, facebook etc.

UPC should have a 24 hour broadband customer care, its ridiculous that a 24 hour service does have a 24 hour customer care line to ring when there is a problem.

I'm out the dunmore rd part of the city.
    I wonder if it is city wide, region wide or nation wide problem with the DNS Servers.

i had the same problem sunday morning. it went down for about 30min. dunmore road also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

last night was fair annoying, i'm not usually up that late but experieced an outage for a while where i could use msn but not surf the net. ntl need to cop the fcuk on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

It went out the over the weekend and again on around Midnight on Monday.

I couldnt load any new pages. It was not a DNS issue because I run my own local DNS servers and I could not trace a route to any website by its IP address, it always timed out after the third hop (89.160.x.y).
    Existing (established) connections continued working, I stayed connected to IRC MSN and Skype, and I could still message people and receive their messages.
    Others could ping my computer just fine.

It sorted itself out after about two-three hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Anyone else lose their internet about 8:30pm tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

fricatus wrote: »
    Anyone else on UPC (NTL) broadband in the Dunmore Road area? For the past two nights the performance has been woeful.

I don't have anything else other than my own PC to compare to, but rebooting, changing browser, checking running processes, available memory, etc., changes nothing.

Everything's timing out, pages are taking ages to load. Anyone else experiencing the same problems?
    559274357.png
    Ferrybank Area tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

TheFat wrote: »
    I'm in Viewmount with 20mbps UPC and its fine -
    speed test results -
    hmm seems my 20mbps is going a lot faster than it should be..
    497854402.png
    OMG Im jealous.. 20Mb/s myself, and certainly not gettin that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Hi guys, is anyone on here using UPC broadband connected directly to the modem (i.e. not through the wireless connection)? If so have any of you had problems aquiring an IP address. Since 8:30pm last night I can't connect to the DHCP to get an ip adress, therefore I can't get connected to the internet. My wireless is working however.

I've seen some posts on the broadband board that other people around the contry are having a similar problem. Just trying to rule out that it's not a network issue before looking into the problem being with my PC/ethernet card/modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

With regards to there speeds from 6pm to about 11.30 pm they seem to be using a system similar to a program called Sandvie, it shapes the traffic that is coming through the network based on the packet info. So if yoru youtubing you will be fine if your downloading it will be throttled to about 80kb down. fater that you can get any up to 1.1 Mbps which I have achieved regulay so just time what you want when you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement