Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be insuring your iPhone?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

I can't really decide myself.

Never had insurance before, but also never spent more this much on a phone before.

I'll be on Prepay. 32GB, €609.

o2's insurance seems steep enough, I'd buy it if I could get the €6 per month one, but like €9 per month?

Will you be purchasing insurance for your iPhone? 12 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    100% 12 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

On our house insurance we can insure certain items that leave the home, i wonder could i do it with the iphone and avoid the monthly charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

it's well worth it. I have had a phone replaced within 24 hours under it. Just make sure you get it form o2 directly, and not the likes of CPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

On our house insurance we can insure certain items that leave the home, i wonder could i do it with the iphone and avoid the monthly charge.

Never thought of that.

I wonder how it would affect the premium if you had to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Pfft. I once spent €750 on a turkey phone and never had it insured. :D

I don't have my current iPhone insured and won't be insuring my next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    it's well worth it. I have had a phone replaced within 24 hours under it. Just make sure you get it form o2 directly, and not the likes of CPW.

Explain, i used their insurance before and it was fine......has it changed ??

• Advertisement

Explain, i used their insurance before and it was fine......has it changed ??

He secretly works for o2 and gets commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭beezkneez

what exactly would O2 insurance cover? if it dropped and broke would they replace it? thats what i'd be worried about. i presume if i lost it or it got robbed they would replace too (with garda sign-off). good for the peace of mind i reckon! but here's hopin they give the 6 euro deal like before for iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

eh no, it's pretty obvious i don't. the CPW insurance is 13 per month, whereas o2 is 6. It covers accidental damage, it's all on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Mine is insured with O2 for 13 quid a month but the guys in the shop told me regardless of how i lose it always say it got stolen haha(i was going to spain when i bought it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I pay €9, I think it's worth it, one unlucky fall or even theft.
    Peace of mind cheaply bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

guys from my understanding, you can only get Iphone on a deal with 02. There are no other options, house insurance only pays you the cost to replace, but it may not be possible to purchase an Iphone over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CivilEx

OP, I'd say get the Insurance for the first six months anyway, the iPhone is a slippery bugger, I should know I replaced two of them with broken screen in the first six months...

beezkneez wrote: »
    what exactly would O2 insurance cover? if it dropped and broke would they replace it? thats what i'd be worried about. i presume if i lost it or it got robbed they would replace too (with garda sign-off). good for the peace of mind i reckon! but here's hopin they give the 6 euro deal like before for iphone.
    Yeah I'm fairly sure it would cover that.

And the €6 deal is for any phone up to a value of €500, and the €9 is for a phone up to €1500.

So with the iPhone I'd have to get the €9 one, but maybe not for th Bill Payers who get the iPhone for less.

Or does it count like that since it really is more than €500 but o2 subsidize it?
    Pixelcraft wrote: »
    eh no, it's pretty obvious i don't. the CPW insurance is 13 per month, whereas o2 is 6. It covers accidental damage, it's all on the site.
    Not as if I was at all serious. But yeah, the €6 is only for phones up to a value of €500, but read the first part of this thread and tell me can you answer it.
    Mine is insured with O2 for 13 quid a month but the guys in the shop told me regardless of how i lose it always say it got stolen haha(i was going to spain when i bought it)
    €13 a month?

But they only have two insurance plans on the site, €6 and €9, looks like you're getting a bit robbed there.
    CivilEx wrote: »
    OP, I'd say get the Insurance for the first six months anyway, the iPhone is a slippery bugger, I should know I replaced two of them with broken screen in the first six months...

Good input I guess, never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I don't normally bother with insurance, but since I'm going from the 45 a month plan to the 40e one, it's only really an extra 4e. I've never lost or broken a phone, but at the end of the day, this isn't a phone I can easily replace, so it's more peace of mind. I've had my 3G model for nearly a year now and it's perfect, not a bother with it, but since then, we had a child and he's getting very grabby now!!

Advertisement