Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First set of CDJ's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

Mau5 wrote: »
    Just ordered my first set of CDJ's!
    Ordered from Thomann.de as recommended by users here in earlier posts (cheers!)

I ordered 2 Gemini CDJ-203's http://www.thomann.de/ie/gemini_cdj203.htm

and a Numark X-6 Mixer
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/numark_x_6.htm

What do you all think is this a good set up for a complete beginner?

To be perfectly honest, it has a cue play and tempo button, jog wheel thats all you need, and a good ear ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, should do the job nicely... Not a fan of Numark mixers, but for learning the ropes it'll be just fine

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Congratulations on the first set-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

cheers,
    cant wait till they come, dying to give it a shot! ill probably get a decent set of speakers in a while if i need them just bedroom djing for me for the next while though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

We all had to start some where:) best of luck with them:)

• Advertisement

just had a though,
    because thomann.de is german, will the plugs on the cdjs and mixer be for german power sockets or irish sockets or what?

anyone who has ordered from them before could you tell me?
    thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Some are some arent. I find that the light have the euro plug on it wheras the other gear has a normal Irish plug.

If you are just getting into the music now, do yourself a favour and invest in a good set of headphones, not something cheap, nasty and at beginner level.

Watch those hammers in the washing machine! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Mau5 wrote: »
    just had a though,
    because thomann.de is german, will the plugs on the cdjs and mixer be for german power sockets or irish sockets or what?

anyone who has ordered from them before could you tell me?
    thanks

I got a cdj-400 off them a year ago with a two pin plug, nothing an adapter wont sort out!

Grand ill just pick up a few adaptors off ebay or something so!

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

just jam a knife into the top of the plug like everyone else!

• Advertisement
Advertisement