Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

navel piercing advice needed!

• 17-06-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me here,

A bit of background first!

About 12 years ago I had my navel pierced, I was quite young and I don't feel I really took proper care of it. Anyway the piercing rejected/migrated(not sure which - the skin in front of the bar got thinner and thinner until it really couldn't support the bar) and I was left with a bit of scar tissue there.
    I would love to have it done again but I am wondering if it is likely to reject/migrate again. I am hoping that as times have moved on I might be able to do it now!

My questions are:

Should I bother or is it likely to just reject/migrate again?
    Can I do anything to avoid the rejection/migration if I do get it done?
    Will being a bit overweight have a negative impact on a navel piercing?

Sorry am soo clueless about piercings!
    Thanks a million!
    Dalila:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There is no way of knowing if the piercing would migrate again to be honest. A skilled piercer would be able to tell better if they saw it, but it's really down to your anatomy and the care you take of it as well.

The main thing is if the piercing starts to migrate, get it out, or you will end up with a scar, as you unfortunately found out.

Advertisement