Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tv character freaked you out as a kid?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

The chicken in Paxo ads believe it or not!!

My mother told me I used to cry when the ad came on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

PEE WEE HERMAN,Still to this day makes me make pee wee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I used to run out of the room when this ad came on. The wooden man scared the sh1t out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

CCCP^ wrote: »
    I would imagine it's been said about a million times already but:

Stephen King's IT:

I knew I shouldn't have watched that again! I knew it :( Bye bye sleep tonight!
    Wasn't John Boy Walton in that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Rusty Lee on TV-AM in the early 80's. Used to frighten the ****e outta me before heading to school with her mental laugh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

When I was young Chocky seriously messed with my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ztIDFU2P8

(Yes Chocky - NOT Chucky)

Later in my teens Bob from Twin Peaks did the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmS29HNc5fI

jaysus - even that clip again brings it back....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pongxiaojie

ulysses 31 used to freak me out - the suspended animation and the weird music really scared me :eek:!

Also I think they were called 'the wheelers' in the film 'Return to Oz' really scared the sh*t out of me too:eek:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

That Chocky thing was unneccesarily creepy.
    ulysses 31 used to freak me out - the suspended animation and the weird music really scared me :eek:!

Also I think they were called 'the wheelers' in the film 'Return to Oz' really scared the sh*t out of me too:eek:!

Wheelers they were. That whole film is a bit freaky.

wheeler.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pongxiaojie

Yes thats one of em :eek: and there was the lady with all the heads in glass jars and the talking hen... must watch it again to see if it still has the same impact!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LadyJedi

Reading thru this list brings back so many memeories, Doctor Who terrified me as a kid, Saphire & Steel had to be watched from behind the couch. Wanderly Wagon completely freaked me out, tales of the unexpected to this day scares me, the Space 1999 episode with giant spiders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Like others have said, the Childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang:
    downloadblog.jpeg

The boat ride in Willy Wonka when it gets all weird and psychedelic:
    0.jpg

Also the oompa loomplas:
    wonka1.jpg

The hulk frightened the bejezes out of me:
    incredible_hulk.jpg

Finally, Falconetti from Rich Man Poor Man:
    image14F.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Worzel Gummidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Work safety ads, when one of the workers got an electric shock, or other suffered from other types of accidents. I think I was 3 or 4 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just thought of another one, the giant rat episode of 'The New Avengers':eek:. No one in the world seems to remember that episode except me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jiggawigga

Rocky from the Mask. This Kuato dude
    kuato-in-total-recall.jpg

And that old thing that used to live in the sand in some show looked like a really old lady, used to kinda shuffle about and rise out of the sand. Can't think of the name but it freaked me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I used to run out of the room when this ad came on. The wooden man scared the sh1t out of me!

You beat me to it! I was going to say him too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I don't remember being afraid of Big Bird but my mum said I was terrified of him.

big-bird-257x300.jpg

This fella gave me nightmares!

freddy1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Ulysses 31 was brilliant man, the spaced out prog rock soundtrack was way better than any other kids tv show of....well ever really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Fenella - the Witch from Chorlton & The Wheelies still gives me the willies :eek:

_38403825_witch_150.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygf0gRQsUb4

This guy really freaked me out as a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Not exactly a TV character, but as a child, I was terrified of the band KISS when they had their makeup on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Mr Grimnasty and Raggety from Rupert Bear

Dr Who

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Not exactly a TV character, but as a child, I was terrified of the band KISS when they had their makeup on.

I see your kiss phobia and RAISE you a petrified fear of Iron Maiden Tshirts which hung on the wall of a knitting shop near Quinnsworth in Waterford!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 breakinglights

Bette Midler in Hocus Pocus scared the bejaysus out of me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Incredible Hulk and the michael jackson from thriller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I know it's not from a tv show but ....

wheelers.jpg

That movie still scares the crap out of me!

Oh and this one...

witches_Atbd5_17684.jpg

600full-the-witches-photo.jpg

The thing that freaked me out especially was the idea that they had no toes, that and they could smell children out when they were hiding. :eek:

Ok I'll stop now...

lastunicorn4qk9.jpg

The red bull from the last unicorn, that whole movie was scary though. Is it just me or were movies from the 70s and 80s a bit rough on kids? It's all so sugar coated and nice nowadays, most stuff was sh*t scarey when I was little. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    600full-the-witches-photo.jpg
    Looks like one of my old primary school teachers :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Not a tv show but every time Ronnie Drew came on tv I would cry hysterically.
    Took my parents a while to cop it, after they did I'd be whisked out of the room or they'd try switch it over quickly (no remotes back then). They think it was his gruff speaking voice that terrified me. :D

Advertisement