Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thick black smoke over Dublin 8/12

Options
  • 17-06-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

I'm in Crumlin and looking out towards Inchicore/ Phoenix Park direction there's a massive amount of black smoke in the sky. It looks like a huge fire somewhere.

Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

I'm a bit closer to it - it seems to be around the factory site on Davitt Road (where Irish Blindcraft used to be). Whatever it is, it looks like it's getting worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ciaran B wrote: »
    I'm in Crumlin and looking out towards Inchicore/ Phoenix Park direction there's a massive amount of black smoke in the sky. It looks like a huge fire somewhere.

Anyone know what's going on?

I've just got a text saying there is a huge fire in Cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just noticed it there, looks like it's coming from John Player Wills which is at the top of my road. I'll go and investigate in 20 mins after my dinner.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

i'm looking at it from terenure, seems close enough to here so it must be big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 SwirlsAllAround

I can see it too, it's a huge amount of really dark smoke but I have no idea what or where it is...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Just saw a huge plume of smoke,a half a mile long coming from the cabra area,it looks like ahuge fire even from finglas..anybody got any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i saw it billowing out behind houses between the bluebell and blackhorse stops on the Luas. I am not sure of the street names.

the GF took a picture there from our house near James Street and it was clearly viewable.

If people can see it from Terenure it must be huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Can see a lot of thick black smoke from Walkinstown... Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Rathfarnham here and can see it clearly. Thought it was close by by the size of it. Must be a huge fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Yea it looks like it's in kilmainham from here. Otherwise it's further away and is reeeeaally big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm just outside Crumlin village and it looks very very close, I originally thought it was the Village Inn :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

Looks like it´s close to St James' Hospital.
    Picture is taken from James' street looking west towards the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

The old Knorr food factory on Davitt Road, Drimnagh is on fire. A hugh fire i might add!

lots of sirens going off now - I'm near the canal and they must be coming from several directions.

it looks like the smoke is dying down a bit now though, but there's still a lot of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

i can see it from space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bandybanter

Was just chattin to fire brigade they say it a huge industrial fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just on the 6 o clock news, a huge fire on davitt road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

Yup, its the factory alright. I can see it very very clearly from Baldoyle. It's so big that I thought it was nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

How many fires are there at once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

highdef wrote: »
    Yup, its the factory alright. I can see it very very clearly from Baldoyle. It's so big that I thought it was nearby.

that means its probably visible from raheny, must get off my arse and go out and have a look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

Gazza22 wrote: »
    The old Knorr food factory on Davitt Road, Drimnagh is on fire. A hugh fire i might add!

ah sure the kids are just out celebrating the end of exams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thisis what it looked like from wher i was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Oh Jesus, I left the iron on.

[RUNS]

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I must be blind! I'm just off james st and all i can see is blue skies!!

From where i am. Not as impressive but im a long way from it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Gazza22 wrote: »

can we prebook the apartments now?

Seems to be pretty much gone havana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciscokidder

Lpfsox wrote: »
    I'm a bit closer to it - it seems to be around the factory site on Davitt Road (where Irish Blindcraft used to be). Whatever it is, it looks like it's getting worse.

Spot on, I am 100 feet upwind of it. Only matter of time tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Advertisement

you must be near me so, and there's no sign of it dying down yet - there's still lots of thick black smoke billowing up. I can smell burning now as well.

Advertisement