Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need good Ruby (40th) Wedding Anniversary Idea!!

Options
  • 17-06-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

I am completely clueless when it comes to things like this. So please help me!!

My husbands parents 40th wedding anniversary is coming up soon. There is going to be a house party and I need to find them a great present asap. Anything to do with photo's is out as this has already been taken by another sibling.

Looking to spend up to €200.

Help- pleeeeaaasseee I have some very competitive inlaws :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

What about a weekend away? You get some fantastic breaks nowadays- great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

Might be a bit tight for time, but how about a genealogy chart of the family?

If they've got kids and grandkids, it could just be them, so no historical research, etc required, just names and dates of births.

There's loads of free or cheap software around to put it together in a nice printable format and if you print it A4 or A3 it will fit into a standard frame you'd buy anywhere, so no framing lead-in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

Just found the name of software that has been recommended to me by an amateur genealogist (as planning to give the same gift myself!) but haven't checked it out yet: www.family-historian.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dragonsue

for yourmother in law, go for this

http://www.dmscollection.com/mall/pr...arl%20necklace

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

why dont you get a picture collage done , look really beautiful mounted . a collection of photos from all the family all put on backing board and framed , my friend did myself one - really nice piece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

why not go for a picture framed and mounted collage of all the family members , had one done recently from a friend - very nice piece of work .
    obviously the more expensive wood you go for the better it looks .

Advertisement