Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place to buy a Xbox

• 17-06-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello,

I promised my son I would buy him a Xbox, so I was wondering where is the cheapest place to buy them or are they all around the same price???

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bobsnotmyuncle

You can buy a 60 gig xbox for e200 at the moment with mirrors edge and dead space. Dead space probably isn't appropriate for your son depending on his age. On a side note does anyone know if it worth going up the north for a 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

IMO keep checking Adverts.ie!There does be some great deals there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i got a preowned 60gb in game for 180 with the wireless entertainment pack free (wireless controller and lego Indiana jones and kung fu panda)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Buying a 2nd hand 360 is not a wise move, you need the 3 year warranty to be fresh because chances are it will red ring (die) within 3 years and if its outside the warranty then you'll be buying a new one because MS wont replace it, false economy. Theres too much that could go wrong, it could have been banned from Xbox Live already or it could have died and been ressurected by one of the kits on Ebay that only fix it for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

You can get an Elite with an extra controller from littlewoods for €231.20 using the 20% discount code XX368 which is a fairly good price. The 60GB version works out at €199.20 for the basic console.

Amazon has the 60GB for c.€215 delivered or pay another c.€13 to get a game or Entertainment pack including two games and an extra controller. The Elite would work out around an extra €60.

Smyths have the 'limited' red Elite for €280, which include the Resident Evil 5 game.

Alternatively you could go with a PS3 from littlewoods for €359.20 which includes 2 games (Fallout 3 and Resistance: Fall of Man), 2 blu-rays (xXx and Superbad) and also a blu-ray remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Guys. I am looking to replace my broken 360 (wuith 120G HDD - not an elite).

If I buy the arcade model can I just plug the 120G HDD into it and off I go ?

Also, what are my chance of getting a Jasoper model these days ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Xtra-Vision have an okay deal

http://www.xtravision.ie/games.aspx

60GB console, 2 controllers + Lego Indy & Kung-Fu panda.
    Plus one game from:
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
    or
    Scene It
    or
    Your in the Movies
    or Viva Pinata.

Depends what age your son is regrading the games. They're okay games but if hes 12+ he might want something else. That said you could get the deal and trade the games in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Arcade 360 only E149.99 in HMV

Advertisement