Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

EhGvl0.jpg

Using up some bits and bobs to make life a bit easier. I cut down the two outside hooks to an inch turn up after photo was taken.

Jt0eCf.jpg

That is exactly the type of thing I started this thread for, it's simple and practical. Just one thing though can you easily unhook the bag when it's full?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You could use 4 chains with 's' hooks. That way you could get the height right every time.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

No its not in shed .. but it's kinda sheltered in the corner .. it's just hooked on Wall with 12 inch angle iron welded to old shed door frame each side of wall so can be lifted off when putting in straw or hay .. I cut the hooks to an inch high .. so I think lifting one at a time there is enough play .. just tie top and get another bag ... for 6 euro or 7 a bag I find it the easiest for getting rid of plastic out of all the ways I've tried .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

No its not in shed .. but it's kinda sheltered in the corner .. it's just hooked on Wall with 12 inch angle iron welded to old shed door frame each side of wall so can be lifted off when putting in straw or hay .. I cut the hooks to an inch high .. so I think lifting one at a time there is enough play .. just tie top and get another bag ... for 6 euro or 7 a bag I find it the easiest for getting rid of plastic out of all the ways I've tried .

I just use the cage of an IBC tank. Just heel it out of the trailer at the collection point

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Reggie. wrote:
    I just use the cage of an IBC tank. Just heel it out of the trailer at the collection point

I do agree they are handy and I use to use them myself .. I just find i have about 8 bags filled at the end of the year and they are easier to fire into the back of the 12 x 6 builders all in one go .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Spud for a gate!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

Spud for a gate!

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

larthehar wrote: »
    ?????

I'm in the same boat

It's a mould for creating the hole in concrete for the heel of a gate. Its called a spud - I had to google that bit.:rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

larthehar wrote: »
    ?????

I think the clue is what it's sitting on.
    He's going to set it in concrete.
    Hence the screws to hold it in the concrete.

A bit of lateral thinking chaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Spud for a gate!

would you not weld in a bottom plate as it is likely to be around for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

dzer2 wrote: »
    would you not weld in a bottom plate as it is likely to be around for a long time

Could set a small plate underneath it when setting it in concrete

rushvalley wrote: »
    Could set a small plate underneath it when setting it in concrete

Thats the plan.☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Thats the plan.☺

I'd use a piece of metal pipe if you could...

Used plastic pope before and it wears, and then, twill be the one gate that you end up taking off the 'hinge' more often than not, and the concrete hole for the gate will get chipped... ;):):(

But, you might not have such problems :)

I'd use a piece of metal pipe if you could...

Used plastic pope before and it wears, and then, twill be the one gate that you end up taking off the 'hinge' more often than not, and the concrete hole for the gate will get chipped... ;):):(

But, you might not have such problems :)

Twill be grand. Same gate might only get 10 swings a yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Neither labour saving nor guntering but it keeps them up off the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They're awkward bloody yokes. Always cursing at mine to stand up straight. ... the strimmer like :D need to get brackets sorted like that

Muckit wrote: »
    They're awkward bloody yokes. Always cursing at mine to stand up straight. ... the strimmer like :D need to get brackets sorted like that

€18 for four. Can get wider for bullhorn ones. Or hang them upright. Saves floor space.
    Gotta make up a ply bor for the chainsaws to sit into now and I'll be sorted.

Neither labour saving nor guntering but it keeps them up off the ground!

Did you fire a warning shot into the ceiling?:D

Did you fire a warning shot into the ceiling?:D

When I got it, twas a poor shape. Ply lined and insulated it and haven't done anything with the ceiling so far.

• Advertisement

When you don't have lights on the back of an old tractor

406405.jpg

A little bit of tweaking needed (move in the holders) but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

When you don't have lights on the back of an old tractor

406405.jpg

You should add a flasher unit and switch to that for indicators maybe mount the switch on a magnet to stick to side of dash. And a magnet for the socket too.

And don't forget a fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Saw a lad in a 4600 tonight it up like a Christmas tree round bale on the back.
    Glad to see it well lit. Was hardly you muckit, or bullets!?

Saw a lad in a 4600 tonight it up like a Christmas tree round bale on the back.
    Glad to see it well lit. Was hardly you muckit, or bullets!?

No but if twas near Ballinasloe l know the one you are on about. And it may not have been a lad driving it either

emaherx wrote: »
    You should add a flasher unit and switch to that for indicators maybe mount the switch on a magnet to stick to side of dash. And a magnet for the socket too.

And don't forget a fuse.

I just want to be legal. Don't need indicators. I have a left and a right hand

No but if twas near Ballinasloe l know the one you are on about. And it may not have been a lad driving it either

I'd say your right, was heading out towards the train station, we were coming out of the filling station. I didn't see the driver, but fair play to her, she was steering with the brakes, even the missus said to me, am I seeing things or did the front wheel lift?!!!

I'd say your right, was heading out towards the train station, we were coming out of the filling station. I didn't see the driver, but fair play to her, she was steering with the brakes, even the missus said to me, am I seeing things or did the front wheel lift?!!!

I'm on ball so. They live out that way.

I'm on ball so. They live out that way.

Are they horsey crowd?

• Advertisement

Are they horsey crowd?

No

Advertisement