Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Muckit wrote: »
    I just want to be legal. Don't need indicators. I have a left and a right hand

That's grand as long as you are visible. But you might not be legal as you have non working indicator lamps fitted.

Anyway, good idea Muckit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

emaherx wrote: »
    That's grand as long as you are visible. But you might not be legal as you have non working indicator lamps fitted.

Anyway, good idea Muckit.

I was about to disagree with you but i think you are right.
    If the driver is visable and able to give clear hand signals you dont need indicators but if they are fitted they should be working.

I'm in the same boat when i take the quad on the road . no indicators so have to give hand signals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

When you don't have lights on the back of an old tractor

406405.jpg

Cant see that photo boss for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You might have slow internet connection? It's just a light board. Then ive a 7 pin socket wired to 2 crocodile clips. Slip them on battery terminals and viola! Lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

A little bit of tweaking needed (move in the holders) but you get the idea.
    this is my version an old handle of a pz mower for changing the blades :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

moll3 wrote: »

Freah looking sprong for january!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Figerty

moll3 wrote: »

I say you would get Wifi reception on that setup..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Any opinions on the no gas mig welder in Lidl tomorrow €99. Mod might put up link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

mayota wrote: »
    Any opinions on the no gas mig welder in Lidl tomorrow €99. Mod might put up link.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=50350

You'd be tempted at that price.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

patsy there quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The shield doesn't look great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

Do lidl or Aldi ever have electric heat guns for sale?

Do lidl or Aldi ever have electric heat guns for sale?

Yeah they do the odd time

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shur with the new welder and a bit of rebar you could convert it to a swing down helmet. :)

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

No it doesn't, mind you I spent nearly as much on a welding shield as that welder cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Strangely enough, the newly opened Welding training college/institute near me will not let you use an auto darkening helmet. I asked about a few Mig and Tig lessons, and when asked what safety gear I had, I was told in no uncertain terms what I could do with my Jefferson helmet. (Throw that thing in a skip and buy a "Noddy" shield with good glass)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

or you could go gunthering a slightly butchered alternator on to the ride-on-lawnmower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Strangely enough, the newly opened Welding training college/institute near me will not let you use an auto darkening helmet. I asked about a few Mig and Tig lessons, and when asked what safety gear I had, I was told in no uncertain terms what I could do with my Jefferson helmet. (Throw that thing in a skip and buy a "Noddy" shield with good glass)

Sure ya can nod an auto darkening

ganmo wrote: »
    Sure ya can nod an auto darkening

You can, but it was the glass quality and level of flash protection he was promoting, not the nodding.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

I just want to be legal. Don't need indicators. I have a left and a right hand

If the vehicle was fitted by the manufacturer then to be legal you must have them fitted and operational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

stock> wrote: »
    If the vehicle was fitted by the manufacturer then to be legal you must have them fitted and operational.

Correct

Yeah they do the odd time

Any idea when they might have them again... Or any other suggestion for same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Draper, Einhell and Bosch do them too.
    They'd be at the cheaper end of the scale.
    Depending in what part of the country ya are. Joe McKennas, McQuillans, Screwfix, Caulfields Industrial and HandyHardware all have them.

Always come around but not to any pattern I know tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Lidl had them them the first week of June the last two years.

Woodies have Heat Guns - if that's what we are talking about.

Woodies have Heat Guns - if that's what we are talking about.

Heat guns or hot glue guns?

The hot glue guns have a small nozzle/outlet. What I'm looking for would need to have a 1 or 2 inch outlet, almost like a hair dryer!

So hot air paint stripper guns? DeWalt make cheapo ones.

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Heat guns or hot glue guns?
    Heat gun. Bought one there before.

Advertisement