Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

Tex screws are the job, you may need to put a small dent/hole in the sheeting to stop the tex screw from wandering off while you get it started. Always have done it on the ridge of the sheet and never an issue. Even a dot of Tec 7 would help if you need to be certain of a good seal, never silicone it will rust the galvanise over time. We put a white roofing Tyvek membrane under our sheeting to stop drops in frosty weather just in case. Nothing worse then get a cold drop down the back of you neck on a nice frosty morning when it starts to thaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I don't use clear sheeting here. Straight sheeting only. No danger when roofing. Or leaks. And they discolour after a few years anyway.

The new ones don't discolour at all I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

I don't use clear sheeting here. Straight sheeting only. No danger when roofing. Or leaks. And they discolour after a few years anyway.

I'd be putting in a steel mesh under any clear sheets in any new sheds as well and retro-fitting any older sheds to prevent a possible fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

raypallas wrote: »
    I'd be putting in a steel mesh under any clear sheets in any new sheds as well and retro-fitting any older sheds to prevent a possible fall.

At the ploughing this year saw a stand where they had lengths of 3/4" or so galvanised rebar slotted under the clear sheets. They had 3" or so bent back at the top to stop them slipping down. Very simple solution and easily retrofitted.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

At the ploughing this year saw a stand where they had lengths of 3/4" or so galvanised rebar slotted under the clear sheets. They had 3" or so bent back at the top to stop them slipping down. Very simple solution and easily retrofitted.

Ah should have patented it few yrs back.:D:D

Hardly guntering, but some serious skill all the same.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

properly gunther'd power hammer for making the above ^^^^^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭SCOL

I upgraded my welder old welder to an 200AMP Inverted Welder a cheap Chinese one for £99 stg.

I made a step that will bolt onto the toe bar. The photo's are a bit poor quality.

SCOL wrote: »
    I upgraded my welder old welder to an 200AMP Inverted Welder a cheap Chinese one for £99 stg.

I made a step that will bolt onto the toe bar. The photo's are a bit poor quality.

Nice job, but will you leave it on going along the road? You know that question when you apply for insurance - Have you modified the vehicle in any way?

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm going to bolt it on and off every time the kids get into it !!! I might need to make a bracket for holding
    the spanner.

I could have bought a "Land Rover" one for €250 ish

So it's kind of a loading ramp for kids? :cool:

Or an extended bumper for when the wife is driving !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Just make sure to stick a oul rag in their gob before you racket strap them down or you won't be able to hear the radio!! :D

I done that to the wife last night !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Very low level guntering, but was cutting a hedge on Friday, between the pi55ing rain and chopped leaves you could hardly see out the side window.
    This magnetic window cleaner works quite well, and was only a few euro in a Discount shop.

uefsc0h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Does moving the inside one move the outside bit? Good idea!

Muckit wrote: »
    Does moving the inside one move the outside bit? Good idea!

Yeah like a fish tank cleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭mengele

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Very low level guntering, but was cutting a hedge on Friday, between the pi55ing rain and chopped leaves you could hardly see out the side window.
    This magnetic window cleaner works quite well, and was only a few euro in a Discount shop.

uefsc0h.jpg

what kind of tractor is that?

mengele wrote: »
    what kind of tractor is that?

Fiat

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Fiat

SAME Leopard 85. About 1983 ish.

Those cleaning yokes are marketed for cleaning the outside of upstairs windows.

SAME Leopard 85. About 1983 ish.

Dammit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Im looking for help /advice please .
    We are using round feeders for silage at the moment. I would like so as that one doesn't have to jump down form the tractor to lift & reset the round feeder, which can be tough when its raining & wind is howling.
    I saw one company selling an arm that attaches to the bale handler which lifts the Round Feeder & resets it , all done from the tractor. As I dont have a budget for the 13/ 1400 e mentioned I would like to make one ourselves .
    Has any one solved this issue & can you please send me a diagram or photo . It would be much appreciated . Regards
    Track 9

Track9 wrote: »
    Im looking for help /advice please .
    We are using round feeders for silage at the moment. I would like so as that one doesn't have to jump down form the tractor to lift & reset the round feeder, which can be tough when its raining & wind is howling.
    I saw one company selling an arm that attaches to the bale handler which lifts the Round Feeder & resets it , all done from the tractor. As I dont have a budget for the 13/ 1400 e mentioned I would like to make one ourselves .
    Has any one solved this issue & can you please send me a diagram or photo . It would be much appreciated . Regards
    Track 9

Are you feeding with a front end loader, and if so, are you using just a spike, or a grab on the loader?

Unfortunately we dont have a Front Loader .We have a two wheel drive Massey.
    All feeding work done with Handler ( usually ) or Bale Spike operated from three point linkage.
    The Arm thing I saw on demonstration attaches to the Bale Handler .

You could make something similar for about 200, and a second hand ram, I would think.

Or how about this?

https://www.donedeal.ie/plantmachinery-for-sale/massey-80-power-loader-with-bucket-amp-brackets/15041649

Yes with the right man on the job im sure its possible.
    This is why im asking if any one made such a lift arm & hoping to get some rough diagrams or photos .
    Im sure theres others who have the same problem ev time they go to fill the round feeder using the three point linkage .

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

uefsc0h.jpg

What shop did you get the window wizard in?thanks

Got it in Dealz, but Woodies, Mr Price and Homebase etc all sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

New shed going up here and I see something very clever under the clear roof sheets

The rods hook over the top of the first timber and run down along the 'peak' of sheet. Don't know would it Stop your foot going through but you definitely wouldn't fit through.

Advertisement