Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

For those of us who think we can weld; :D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

For those of us who think we can weld; :D

Savage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Has anyone tried electrolysis for removing rust? I tried giving it a go on a small scale.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue5th/sets/72157687454363101

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Haven't used electrolysis but if you are not in a hurry molasses and water (9 parts water 1 part molasses) soak for 24hrs rinse off and give it a rub of a stiff brush .Repeat if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

^Watched an interesting video on rust removal a while back, see below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCuQquR-rzo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jd06

Hi all, just wondering has anyone converted a yard scraper to a euro hitch for front loader
    The thing is I also need it on the 3 point linkage
    Any pics would be helpful

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

jd06 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering has anyone converted a yard scraper to a euro hitch for front loader
    The thing is I also need it on the 3 point linkage
    Any pics would be helpful
    my yard scraper fits on the bale spike easy to throw and off and back weight fits spikes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Weld euro brackets on the back of the scraper, so you can use either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

A neighbour of ours put euro brackets on all the forks, scrapers, weights and buckets etc.. made a euro bracket adaptor for 3 point linkage on hydraulic toplink.. so they can fit on front or back of the tractor.. he uses the weight to drive stakes!

A mate of mine built this yard scraper. Handiest thing ever! Hydrostatic greens mower that had had it's cylinder mowers scrapped.
    He can run down the sides of the parlour, scrape the collecting yard and do all the slats in minutes.
    Turns in its own length.
    3 cylinder Yanmar diesel 20hp engine. He got the scraper made and galvanized and that cost almost half of the price of the mower!

ieWL3OM.jpg

C0QoGvd.jpg

CRajFvf.jpg

• Advertisement

Bit of welding here today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

It looks like he can lift up the scraper with the ram in the front but where's the lever or button that controls the ram?

Or is that only a pneumatic strut to allow it follow and put weight on the ground?

Confused so I am.:)

Floki wrote: »
    It looks like he can lift up the scraper with the ram in the front but where's the lever or button that controls the ram?

Or is that only a pneumatic strut to allow it follow and put weight on the ground?

Must be having a blonde moment.

The ram is of course letting it up and down. Just like it was doing so when there was a mower on the front of it.

There is a button on the right side armrest that works a valve to lift and lower the scraper.
    Ill have to look and see if you can press down with the ram also.

The ram works sideways, a kind of a scissors action. The pins coming through the scraper head are designed to be able to move sideways as it lifts .

There are 2 button type pedals on under your left foot that were used to turn on and off oil to the 2 front mower heads. You can see the hydraulic outlets on the front of the machine.

You could plumb in a rotary brush to sweep the ends of the cubicles if you wanted, but his cubicles have a rear down bar so its not practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Reggie. wrote: »

Tiz hard enough to get the rods to ark with timber I find 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Good stuff , what are the 2 boxes at the bottom of the pillars for ?

Bullocks wrote: »

Looks like Reggie is going to electronicanize the gates?

Looks like Reggie is going to electronicanize the gates?

Or heat seeking lasers or something .....

Bullocks wrote: »

A barrier goes in there. Double the protection

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭mengele

how do you keep the gravel so clean and weed free?

• Advertisement

mengele wrote: »

Just spray it every 6 to 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    A mate of mine built this yard scraper. Handiest thing ever! Hydrostatic greens mower that had had it's cylinder mowers scrapped.

If he looks quick on dd he can buy a set of gangs for that exact mower.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

mengele wrote: »

It's Reggie..... He just cleans each one individually with a toothbrush at the end of every day :D

emaherx wrote: »
    It's Reggie..... He just cleans each one individually with a toothbrush at the end of every day :D

I remember reading a book once about Ireland in the 1940's.
    The Priest would have a Mass at the authors house once a year, and as well as the usual tidying up etc, the writers mother would wash the gravel around the front of the house in a bucket of warm soapy water in the days leading up to the event .....

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

And him with a new babby to mind...!!! Or is he thinking of anything at all he can do to avoid the nappies??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

And him with a new babby to mind...!!! Or is he thinking of anything at all he can do to avoid the nappies??? :D

Well our little one just started on the mushy foods.... Think I'd rather wash the gravel than change some of her nappies at the moment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Well our little one just started on the mushy foods.... Think I'd rather wash the gravel than change some of her nappies at the moment :p

Fruity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

It's been said before but I'll say it again, Reggie you should be banned from the guntering thread.
    The only thing that I can see in that picture that qualifies as guntering is the bucket hanging off the trees in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Lads get very fond of work outside the house when the babies arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    It's been said before but I'll say it again, Reggie you should be banned from the guntering thread.
    The only thing that I can see in that picture that qualifies as guntering is the bucket hanging off the trees in the background.

He is a clotty fecker Ye don’t know 1/3 of the truth

Earlier this year, there was a day where he didn’t hand wash the tractor.

Advertisement