Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Looks like he did a bit of guntering himself on one of those gates.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Looks like he did a bit of guntering himself on one of those gates.

Well it wasn't him, but we have had a few champion show jumpers around here.

I cleaned out his pen yesterday as it was starting to look like he could just step over the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

emaherx wrote: »
    I cleaned out his pen yesterday as it was starting to look like he could just step over the gate.

Ahh dats a lot of bullsh1t..............................

stock> wrote: »
    Ahh dats a lot of bullsh1t..............................

:D it was mostly silage that the messy git pulled in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone know where I could buy heavy duty clip-on elastic braces for work trousers/rain gear for OH. I have looked on line but cannot see anyone in Ireland selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Base price wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could buy heavy duty clip-on elastic braces for work trousers/rain gear for OH. I have looked on line but cannot see anyone in Ireland selling them.

Would he consider chainsaw ones? Although some of those are button on. And good chainsaw retailer has them or look online.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Would he consider chainsaw ones? Although some of those are button on. And good chainsaw retailer has them or look online.
    I saw Husqvarna clip on ones on Irish Forestry Products site but they are not elasticated. A friend was here last week doing some painting in the yard and he had a pair that his daughter go him a few years ago but he doesn't know where she got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Base price wrote: »
    I saw Husqvarna clip on ones on Irish Forestry Products site but they are not elasticated. A friend was here last week doing some painting in the yard and he had a pair that his daughter go him a few years ago but he doesn't know where she got them.

Google MEN'S elasticated suspenders.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link foxy. I ordered the braces for OH and a pair of work trousers for myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Spotted this guntered bumper locally, apologies for the quality of the photo, but anyone listening to Tubbs these mornings will understand.:D

440425.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Dog Rough!! I think I'd prefer looking at a bit of crumpled plastic than that yoke!

Muckit wrote: »
    Dog Rough!! I think I'd prefer looking at a bit of crumpled plastic than that yoke!

Don't think they were trying to save the plastic, looks like bumper + lights already took a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

The oul lad says I should weld an rsj on the back of my yoke!. I just reverse til I hear the hitch hit the bumper. He may be right! For once!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Or as they say in the states...

"Back up 'till you hear glass"

A camera is a big help, even to back into the hitch and not have to drag the traIler left or right.
    It's well worth fitting one if there isn't one already fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Grueller

The boss man used to tell me here when I was a chap that hooking up to a trailer is like basketball, a non contact sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Anyone have a simple mod to a splashplate for washing yard/ road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

We just hook up a 4” hose and do it that way.

We just hook up a 4” hose and do it that way.

Need to wash a few hundred mtrs of public road after muck on tanker wheels while at slurry. One man job. Have seen nice job on you tube using clamp fittings and length of galv box with holes drilled fitted on back of tank but haven't time to knock something like that together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Need to wash a few hundred mtrs of public road after muck on tanker wheels while at slurry. One man job. Have seen nice job on you tube using clamp fittings and length of galv box with holes drilled fitted on back of tank but haven't time to knock something like that together.

What state is the road in?
    I don’t mean muck wise, potholes or damage?

What state is the road in?
    I don’t mean muck wise, potholes or damage?

Road is sound Council just filled the potholes this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Side delivery spout works well, but you will have to make several runs.

Watch out for oncoming cars and bicycles, use clean water.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Turn the splashplate upside down.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Also be wary of washing the roads when it's going to freeze.
    You could be responsible of someone has an accident on the ice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

To do final clean of silage slab I've used tanker of water with splash plate as is. Works well but uses water fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Nice little 5 min job for the rainy day...... and not before time!! Starting and running lovely now, it'll be ready for the fine day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Muckit wrote: »
    Nice little 5 min job for the rainy day...... and not before time!! Starting and running lovely now, it'll be ready for the fine day!

I admire your optimism on ever getting a fine day again

Advertisement