Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Stop it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

I have a Milwaukee impact wrench /grinder and drill and 2 M18 fuel cell batteries.
    Class bit of kit 2 batteries fully charged keep you busy.
    Also charge indicator on batteries.
    Think batterie charge in 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

gctest50 wrote: »

Theres a special place in hell for the likes of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Reggie. wrote: »
    Theres a special place in hell for the likes of you

Milwaukee have a 9ah battery.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Milwaukee have a 9ah battery.....

Don't even get me started on you sunshine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

9935452 wrote: »

I'm suprised its only 18volt. I thought it would be 28 volt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Those wire gates are very common over in France. The latch itself is cool though. Usually just a rope looped around top but that actually tightens everything up. Nice.

The impossible jigsaw begins! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Muckit wrote: »
    The impossible jigsaw begins! :D

Come on now give us a bit more.

• Advertisement

Sorry! It didn't attach first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Is that the lift pump?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Is that the lift pump?

Nope! I just fitted a new one of those so no ripping necessary. That's that peoblem solved!

I have this back "project" back together but it still hasnt solved my problem! Very annoying! I said l wouldn't say what it is because if a person can't figure out from photo what I'm at they're no help to me!! :D

Can'r really see the pic as it's too small. Take a bigger one.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Here's part of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

The clumsiness ratio of finger and thumb to carburettor parts is akin to that between boxing gloves and shoelaces

Tweezers ;)

I spent ages messing around with my chainsaw carburetor, until I realised it was the small hose running from it to the tank that was drawing in air. Never gave a bit of bother since I changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I spent ages messing around with my chainsaw carburetor, until I realised it was the small hose running from it to the tank that was drawing in air. Never gave a bit of bother since I changed it.
    What was it doing/ not doing before you fixed it?

Well good man. This is what I'm thinking now is my problem too. I'm going to get new fuel hose. If it doesn't solve it, l'll crack up!! :D

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »
    What was it doing/ not doing before you fixed it?
    Well good man. This is what I'm thinking now is my problem too. I'm going to get new fuel hose. If it doesn't solve it, l'll crack up!! :D

Well when you are trying to start it and you feel like fooking it on the ground, then maybe it's the fuel line. :rolleyes:
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/282472299989

It would start fine when cold, but once you stopped it, it wouldn't start again when hot. I ripped the carburetor, put it back again and all would be fine, for a while. Rip it again, and fine for a while. One day noticed petrol leaking so got a new fuel line, all fine since.
    Make sure the screws on the carburetor are out one full turn as a starting point for tuning. The manual will show you how to do this.
    Mine an old Stihl MS250 by the way.

You're meant to drain the petrol if not using for a long time, like over the winter. This saves the rubber parts of the carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

Just after taking your advice there. Went straight out to shed and emptied all petrol out of everything. One of those little jobs that would be forgotten tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

This could be worth getting.

Well when you are trying to start it and you feel like fooking it on the ground.....

It's a brushcutter. Will start no problem hot or cold but bogs down when you go give it some trottle. It's obviously starved of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

It's a brushcutter. Will start no problem hot or cold but bogs down when you go give it some trottle. It's obviously starved of fuel.

Check that there is no air being drawn between the carb and crankcase............are the shaft seals good.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Possibly...
    - Air getting in through cracked fuel line in tank

- Partially blocked screen / gauze on the pump side of the carb, it's down in a recessed port and this is where any dirt accumulates. Depending on the carb, it's probably on the opposite side to that shown in the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was using my brothers strimmer a couple of weeks ago and it started doing the same. I phoned him to see what the problem was and he told me to open the petrol cap a bit. For some reason the seal is causing pressure to build up and starving it of fuel. He has the strimmer 14 or 15 years and never had problems with it before. His is a Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I was using my brothers strimmer a couple of weeks ago and it started doing the same. I phoned him to see what the problem was and he told me to open the petrol cap a bit. For some reason the seal is causing pressure to build up and starving it of fuel. He has the strimmer 14 or 15 years and never had problems with it before. His is a Honda.

There's usually some sort of vent on the fuel tank to allow air into the tank as the fuel is consumed. The vent might be clogged with dust, just needs to be cleaned.

stock> wrote: »
    Check that there is no air being drawn between the carb and crankcase............as the shaft seals good.........................

Is that where carb seats? Relatively new machine, could this be an issue?

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Possibly...
    - Air getting in through cracked fuel line in tank

- Partially blocked screen / gauze on the pump side of the carb, it's down in a recessed port and this is where any dirt accumulates. Depending on the carb, it's probably on the opposite side to that shown in the pic.

That little screen wasn't bad but l replaced it with a new one along with new gaskets and metering diaphragm from genuine walbro kit after giving carb body a good clean.

Now it could still be the carb, but I'd be disgusted if it was after all my faffing!

Replacing fuel lines is my next port of call! After that I'm flat out of ideas! I have them ordered so hoping it does the trick!

Advertisement