Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Your name says it all in that picture ... some great land and fine bit of guntering solving a problem .

Green grass refers to his looks, the lad from heartbeat ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Hopefully there is a few rabbits in the woods for him so ....;.)

Hopefully there is a few rabbits in the woods for him so ....;.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Unfortunately I am unable to grow a big white beard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Unfortunately I am unable to grow a big white beard :D

But we can still call you Claude Jeremiah right?

But we can still call you Claude Jeremiah right?

Didn't know what ye meant till I googled it :) can't beat the heartbeat. Was a good oul programme

Didn't know what ye meant till I googled it :) can't beat the heartbeat. Was a good oul programme

Just as well I didn't mention Alfred cryptically then, you'd have been in a right state.

Just as well I didn't mention Alfred cryptically then, you'd have been in a right state.

The lad in the police station? Jaysus your bringing it all back noemw :F

The lad in the police station? Jaysus your bringing it all back noemw :F

The dog, man, the dog !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Not a bad effort :D

Reggie. wrote: »

I take it youll be using balertwine for a while in the trousers

Can't take credit for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Can't take credit for this one

I think that leather strap is actually what they came with . The father is fixing the exact same one for a neighbour and I'm nearly sure I saw the same straps on the bonnet .
    Ill post a pic tomorrow . Its ROUGH !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Gf has little intrest in farming, showed her that and she said tis class.

It is one of d few times we agree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Learned how to drive on one of those zetors. Gear stick up beside the wheel. No brakes/lights etc. Would only start with a pull!! Power steering was an optional extra we didn't have either. Would love to get one again. What is she Reggie? 3511? You could lift anything with them, given the size of the nose on them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Reggie any chance you'd fix my bull raddle? The best it can stay on is about 2 weeks.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Learned how to drive on one of those zetors. Gear stick up beside the wheel. No brakes/lights etc. Would only start with a pull!! Power steering was an optional extra we didn't have either. Would love to get one again. What is she Reggie? 3511? You could lift anything with them, given the size of the nose on them

There is one here and the father is praying someone would take it cos he knows he wont get feck all for fixing it up !

moy83 wrote: »
    There is one here and the father is praying someone would take it cos he knows he wont get feck all for fixing it up !
    Is it cheap? If its cheap enough I might be interested since ye cleaned up with the Holy Communion yesterday!

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Is it cheap? If its cheap enough I might be interested since ye cleaned up with the Holy Communion yesterday!

Its another lad that he's fixing it for and he wont sell it . Cleaning up is right he is over €700 and there are still a few cards coming to him . Talk about a racket :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Its another lad that he's fixing it for and he wont sell it . Cleaning up is right he is over €700 and there are still a few cards coming to him . Talk about a racket :rolleyes:

That young fella has more money than myself

Get him to put it into cattle, work hard all year and next year he'll have 500 euro!!

That young fella has more money than myself

Ya same as that he will have to put a few quid into the CU or post office . We passed one church today that had the communion on and there was a limo outside :eek:

Ya same as that he will have to put a few quid into the CU or post office . We passed one church today that had the communion on and there was a limo outside :eek:

It's madness

Get him to buy a sucklerr calf with it. You rear it up or something and he'll add to his money then?
    May asweel keep it turning over every year so he'll have it to buy a car when he's older

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Get him to buy a sucklerr calf with it. You rear it up or something and he'll add to his money then?
    May asweel keep it turning over every year so he'll have it to buy a car when he's older
    I done that ... Wouldn't recommend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I remember l got £27. I must have kept a few pound aside cos l've only an entry of £23 in my post office account :D that was a lot of money back then. A lot of big £1 notes, sure l thought I was a millionaire!

Just realised the date. .. l've been banking 29 years since last Friday! :D

Muckit wrote: »
    I remember l got £27. I must have kept a few pound aside cos l've only an entry of £23 in my post office account :D that was a lot of money back then. A lot of big £1 notes, sure l thought I was a millionaire!

Just realised the date. .. l've been banking 29 years since last Friday! :D

Ah them were the days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Been quiet on this thread, you're not all afraid are you?

Here is a bit of stop-gap guntering from this morning. Worked absolutely perfectly. was going to patent it, but out of the goodness of my heart, I offer it to you all, free gratis:D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Been quiet on this thread, you'r not all afraid are you?

Here is a bit of stop-gap guntering from this morning. Worked absolutely perfectly. was going to patent it, but out of the goodness of my heart, I offer it to you all, free gratis:D
    genius :D

• Advertisement

Don't the lids have a little valve in the top? My hardi has, must be needed or it wouldn't have it?

The tank didn't collapse as you were spraying or anything?

Nope, didn't suck in. Probably not airtight, but certainly no liquid came out, and I had almost the full 600l in it, and driving over some pretty rough terrain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

If all the lifting stuff up into the pickup is getting to your back :

http://www.rinspeed.eu/projektdetail.php?pid=10

I thought I would update the thread

Great stuff Reggie, are you going to thread a rope through the gun barrel "eye"?

Great stuff Reggie, are you going to thread a rope through the gun barrel "eye"?

Exactly. Hope I got the measurements right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Well done Reggie. Allot cheaper than buying the auto gate you were asking about. Good tidy job.

sea12 wrote: »
    Well done Reggie. Allot cheaper than buying the auto gate you were asking about. Good tidy job.

Hope it works now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Hope it works now

She'll work all right. Another bit of guntering in the background. Fair lump of a weight!

• Advertisement

She'll work all right. Another bit of guntering in the background. Fair lump of a weight!

Ah yeah that was last year. About a tonne and a godsend at times

Not jumping on your thread, I hope, Reggie, but a few photos of a little "stop" I welded above the hinge of my crush back gate. Its to prevent an animal getting their rump or leg into such a position as would lift off the gate.

Just a piece of flat welded above the hinge pin, but only welded on one side, so a blow of a hammer or bar or anything to hand will snap it off if it was needed in a hurry, say if a calf got stuck under the gate.

Not jumping on your thread, I hope, Reggie, but a few photos of a little "stop" I welded above the hinge of my crush back gate. Its to prevent an animal getting their rump or leg into such a position as would lift off the gate.

Just a piece of flat welded above the hinge pin, but only welded on one side, so a blow of a hammer or bar or anything to hand will snap it off if it was needed in a hurry, say if a calf got stuck under the gate.

Hijacker :D

Nice little mod there lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Neighbour had this the other day. Cool enough use of a pick up. Said it failed nct so he made use of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Some of you may know I made this about 10 years ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61423230

There are a few bits left over and our patio table courtesy of woodies didn't stand up to the Irish climate very well.(pic 1)

So this morning I asked the OH would it be ok to make an iron patio table with a glass top. Ok she says but you wouldn't have enough iron! (Nettles have their uses:)).So do you think I should go for it? Overall height will be somewhere between 26 and 34 inches depending on dish/rim spacing. I hope she has patience and can wait till next summer, as there is always more than 1 project on the go.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

blue5000 wrote: »

There are a few bits left over and our patio table courtesy of woodies didn't stand up to the Irish climate very well.(pic 1)

So this morning I asked the OH would it be ok to make an iron patio table with a glass top. Ok she says but you wouldn't have enough iron! (Nettles have their uses:)).So do you think I should go for it? Overall height will be somewhere between 26 and 34 inches depending on dish/rim spacing. I hope she has patience and can wait till next summer, as there is always more than 1 project on the go.

Definitely do it! Would make an awesome table

• Advertisement

delaney001 wrote: »
    Neighbour had this the other day. Cool enough use of a pick up. Said it failed nct so he made use of it.

That's off a dyna. Seen a few of them converted but all would have a double axle. Putting a lot of weight on the jeep with just a single axle. That fine for a tractor.

blue5000 wrote: »

It will be class looking , and with all the vintage enthusiasts around you might get the call to make a few . The wind certainly won't blow it away either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Needed a bit of extra weight on the tractor bringing bales...

Figerty wrote: »
    Needed a bit of extra weight on the tractor bringing bales...

You've just put a smile on face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

You've just put a smile on face

You know it's going to be tricky when the back end is struggling to lift them and the front end has trouble staying on the ground....separate the brakes immediately.

Was tempted to get the nephew to sit on there instead of the rock..

• Advertisement
Advertisement