Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Aravo

Any advice on a back weight for a 100hp tractor with loader. Am going to make up a concrete weight in the next few weeks. I know what I'm going to use but am not sure on what weight is good enough. 400kg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Aravo wrote: »
    Any advice on a back weight for a 100hp tractor with loader. Am going to make up a concrete weight in the next few weeks. I know what I'm going to use but am not sure on what weight is good enough. 400kg

Ask Reggie. He made a nice homemade one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Muckit wrote: »

I'm nearly sure he just did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Muckit wrote: »

Dont ask Reggie.... his weight bend the top link :)

Couldn't resist reg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Dont ask Reggie.... his weight bend the top link :)

Reggie not that heavy... I wouldn't have put him much more than 13 st.?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yeah made one that's about 700kg. A little heavy but just right when something on the loader

Reggie. wrote:
    Yeah made one that's about 700kg. A little heavy but just right when something on the loader

Thanks for that. 400-500kg is what I have in mind. If tomorrow is as wet as expected, I will do a bit with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Reggie. wrote:

Thanks for that. 400-500kg is what I have in mind. If tomorrow is as wet as expected, I will do a bit with it.

They reckon the heavier the better as it effectively taves weight off the front axel and carries it over the back axel which is better able for carrying weight

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

If making it from concrete, its 2.4 ton per cubic meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Reggie. wrote: »
    MODS.... MODS ya must have a few cards left

We have, Reggie, but we can't card posters for telling the truth:D

• Advertisement

MODS.... MODS ya must have a few cards left

Great to get pulled by the mods for having a sneer

We have, Reggie, but we can't card posters for telling the truth:D

Well I got a verbal warning and a card for that. Dont think I'll be staying around for long if boards turns this way. Some bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Well I got a verbal warning and a card for that. Dont think I'll be staying around for long if boards turns this way. Some bull****

Ha?

9935452 wrote: »
    Reggie. wrote:

They reckon the heavier the better as it effectively taves weight off the front axel and carries it over the back axel which is better able for carrying weight
    9935452 wrote: »
    Reggie. wrote:

Weight made. 600kg, will let concrete cure for next 3-4 weeks.

Weight made. 600kg, will let concrete cure for next 3-4 weeks.

Fair play. You don't hang around. Stick up a few pics if and when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Well are ye believing all that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Looked at that vid yesterday and thought hogwash....................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭148multi

stock> wrote: »
    Looked at that vid yesterday and thought hogwash....................................

Shiney new tin on the exhaust.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It wasn't out for 16 Irish winters anyway, sounds like an Ozzie.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

blue5000 wrote: »
    It wasn't out for 16 Irish winters anyway, sounds like an Ozzie.

Kiwi,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭older by the day

Are you sure there wasn't some ould lad in that Forrest painting broken down diggers with diesel every day. Such a load of ****ete

God, ye are a cynical lot. :D I suppose it would want to be as dry as the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base outside Tuscon. The so called aeroplane graveyard.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Want to drill holes on the side of an upright similar to that in the pic. The upright is already set in concrete away from the yard so have to drill by hand with battery drill. Would the attached hole saw do the job? Maybe 4 holes on one side only of the upright to do. Holes are for 48mm OD blue band pipe and uprights are 60mm OD.

https://www.demesne.ie/products/starrett-hs51-holesaw-51mm.html?filter_set[]=684,659&page=2
    3mm wall. Which is 'Light wall' according to this.

Sorry - 4mm wall with 89mm OD. So medium wall.

https://iitc.ie/catalogue/steel/tubes/galvanised-pipe/galvanised-pipe/

Update. Drilled it fine with a cheapish holesaw. Ruko 51mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Figerty

148multi wrote: »
    Shiney new tin on the exhaust.

Hi did say the forest owner wanted it removed.
    If the exhaust was covered, and the engine sealed, then it could be started, but it's going to be a money pit forever.
    16 years, probably not. Was it abandoned? You would be surprised what people will write off an abandon,

Their is a high quality digger abandoned between the Clarecastle and Newmarket,. You can see if from the motorway. A friend of mine, who knows his stuff, reckon that's it worth salvaging. If the engine is blown it can towed.
    But for some reason it's there with about 10 years.

Figerty wrote: »
    Their is a high quality digger abandoned between the Clarecastle and Newmarket,. You can see if from the motorway. A friend of mine, who knows his stuff, reckon that's it worth salvaging. If the engine is blown it can towed.
    But for some reason it's there with about 10 years.

I know the one you're on about, on the left in wet land heading east. Is it there that long? If the tracks and drive motors are ok, all you'd need is a PTO pump to drive it out with 2 pipes connected to a tractor.
    Here she is, in all her glory. Took pic from Gooogle Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

It an O&K I believe, used to be a 210 Komatsu there for a while after the road opened used to belong to Gamma, had no tracks on it..................................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I know the one you're on about, on the left in wet land heading east. Is it there that long? If the tracks and drive motors are ok, all you'd need is a PTO pump to drive it out with 2 pipes connected to a tractor.
    Here she is, in all her glory. Took pic from Gooogle Earth.

I think there is some way of unlocking the final drives too and you can just tow it if you wanted. Was only looking at it yesterday when passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Figerty

I think there is some way of unlocking the final drives too and you can just tow it if you wanted. Was only looking at it yesterday when passing.

Yes, It's a planetary gear, pull the cover, extract the planet gear and the Hydraulics aren't affected.
    Remove the boom and dipper and it's an easy enough job I'm told.

The steel is top quality on those machines. I can't think of the make, but that one is a quality machine.

Advertisement