Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Figerty

stock> wrote: »
    It an O&K I believe, used to be a 210 Komatsu there for a while after the road opened used to belong to Gamma, had no tracks on it..................................

Yes, that's it, the paint has faded.
    My friend reckons its a great machine. He couldn't understand why it was left there.
    A few years ago the window were broken. Don't know if it was a storm or deliberate.
    Even for scrap value it has to be worth something. I remember it working, then broken down and another digger beside it. It was moved a few metres and then stayed where it it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

It's funny I passed that digger earlier in the week and it made me think of this thread, think I seen one somewhere else maybe around Mullingar.

On the powering the track motors from an external pump, there was a video doing the rounds of a digger working completely submerged, think it was probably modified to work using an unbilical system with power pack running above the water level somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

emaherx wrote: »
    It's funny I passed that digger earlier in the week and it made me think of this thread, think I seen one somewhere else maybe around Mullingar.

On the powering the track motors from an external pump, there was a video doing the rounds of a digger working completely submerged, think it was probably modified to work using an unbilical system with power pack running above the water level somewhere.

It was used working with air instead of oil. Where in mullingar (hooks up the lowloader)

Reggie. wrote: »
    It was used working with air instead of oil. Where in mullingar (hooks up the lowloader)

Makes sense from an environmental point of view, interesting all the same.

As for Mullingar, can't remember possibly visible from some of the old road before they straightened out the road to Tyrellspass it was a much older machine.(although maybe my memory is failing me)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Figerty wrote: »
    Hi did say the forest owner wanted it removed.
    If the exhaust was covered, and the engine sealed, then it could be started, but it's going to be a money pit forever.
    16 years, probably not. Was it abandoned? You would be surprised what people will write off an abandon,

Their is a high quality digger abandoned between the Clarecastle and Newmarket,. You can see if from the motorway. A friend of mine, who knows his stuff, reckon that's it worth salvaging. If the engine is blown it can towed.
    But for some reason it's there with about 10 years.
    I know the one you're on about, on the left in wet land heading east. Is it there that long? If the tracks and drive motors are ok, all you'd need is a PTO pump to drive it out with 2 pipes connected to a tractor.
    Here she is, in all her glory. Took pic from Gooogle Earth.
    stock> wrote: »
    It an O&K I believe, used to be a 210 Komatsu there for a while after the road opened used to belong to Gamma, had no tracks on it..................................
    I think there is some way of unlocking the final drives too and you can just tow it if you wanted. Was only looking at it yesterday when passing.
    Yes, It's a planetary gear, pull the cover, extract the planet gear and the Hydraulics aren't affected.
    Remove the boom and dipper and it's an easy enough job I'm told.

The steel is top quality on those machines. I can't think of the make, but that one is a quality machine.
    Yes, that's it, the paint has faded.
    My friend reckons its a great machine. He couldn't understand why it was left there.
    A few years ago the window were broken. Don't know if it was a storm or deliberate.
    Even for scrap value it has to be worth something. I remember it working, then broken down and another digger beside it. It was moved a few metres and then stayed where it it.

Sh1t, I thought I was the only one that spotted that:rolleyes:.

They should stick a big For sale sign on it before wilsons pick it up, July last year would have been a good chance to pull it out.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Looks like the lads on here have the salvage operation completely worked out, although it's going to take Reggie a while to get there with his lowloader.

By salvage I could mean theft of..... "The great boards digger heist"

Looks like the lads on here have the salvage operation completely worked out, although it's going to take Reggie a while to get there with his lowloader.

By salvage I could mean theft of..... "The great boards digger heist"

How ya know that I'm not there already

How ya know that I'm not there already

Just passed by a short while ago ;)

Recon work :D

Just passed by a short while ago ;)

Recon work :D

You do know I'm an expert at camouflage

You do know I'm an expert at camouflage

You know Blue is not camouflage unless you are at sea right ;)

• Advertisement

You know Blue is not camouflage unless you are at sea right ;)

Ya didnt spot the dini. So......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya didnt spot the dini. So......

Reggie could have invaded Co Clare by sea;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Figerty

blue5000 wrote: »
    Reggie could have invaded Co Clare by sea;)

If he can float a digger out of there then he deserves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭older by the day

Hi lads, I wonder is there a connection I can get for a mobile milk tank to a 3/4 inch pipe for a water trough, I have a small field with the river fenced of for glas. I had a pipe up the river using gravity , but it's a balls to keep it going

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Hi lads, I wonder is there a connection I can get for a mobile milk tank to a 3/4 inch pipe for a water trough, I have a small field with the river fenced of for glas. I had a pipe up the river using gravity , but it's a balls to keep it going

is the pipe getting blocked in the river? our trick is putting a bottle over the end of the pipe.

My solution to this was putting an ibc extension spout on, threads were slightly different but plastic was soft and secured with a jublie clip, then used IBC adaptors.

https://flic.kr/p/LAbTB2

But maybe your cap is a different size?

My solution to this was putting an ibc extension spout on, threads were slightly different but plastic was soft and secured with a jublie clip, then used IBC adaptors.

https://flic.kr/p/LAbTB2

But maybe your cap is a different size?
    Thanks, I'm look for one of those

ganmo wrote: »
    is the pipe getting blocked in the river? our trick is putting a bottle over the end of the pipe.

No. The river is fast, when it gets a lot of rain the pipe shifts . It don't matter how many stones on top of it or how you tie it.

Thanks, I'm look for one of those

The IBC Extension piece comes with a lot of IBC's some of them have the same thread at the end and some are just spouts so maybe try someone supplying IBC'S.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

The IBC Extension piece comes with a lot of IBC's some of them have the same thread at the end and some are just spouts so maybe try someone supplying IBC'S.

Some hardware stores have them , there a lad on DoneDeal selling them too I think

• Advertisement

Some hardware stores have them , there a lad on DoneDeal selling them too I think

The IBC adaptors yes, but I'm on about the little extension spout. IBC thread is different to milk tank but the spout is flexible enough to gunter on but the IBC adaptors are not.

It's the white bit between tank outlet and IBC adapter in my picture in previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I think the milk tank fittings are known as aseptic fittings - google DIN 11851 or 11854 (here's a link)and see if they are what are on your tank. If they are fire in a google search for "Din 1185x to bsp" and you might get lucky on ebay. After that it would be a case of getting reducers to make it connect to the BSP size you are using

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

IBCs are so common now that a good hardware store would set you up with whatever you want for it

wrangler wrote: »
    IBCs are so common now that a good hardware store would set you up with whatever you want for it

The issue is the milk tank is not an IBC, my solution was to make the milk tank IBC fitting compatible so then any good hardware store can provide the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Grade A guntering here. I love the first one.
    https://twitter.com/barrydavislouth/status/1168229737774366721?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

The manual Samco system was cleverly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

All using green energy.

A solution for a problem you never knew existed! :D

https://youtu.be/APAThW-H7T8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

A solution for a problem you never knew existed! :D

https://youtu.be/APAThW-H7T8

Where do you put it when finished? An even bigger problem to solve.:rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Advertisement