Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Guess what I found? :D Fecking delighted. Embarrassed to say where I found it.

Jacket pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

On the bonnet of the tractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

In your toolbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

blackbox wrote: »
    In your toolbox?

Or in Mrs Doyle's tool box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭chooseusername

The last place you looked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Odelay wrote: »
    On the bonnet of the tractor?

Close. Remember I said, I was working from the roof of the tractor ..... well last night I went to put the laser level on the roof again and there it was, along with 2 other spanners.
    They never fell off and I've been out on the road drawing cattle and everything for the last 2 weeks.

I now have to.go and tell my neighbours. :D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Close. Remember I said, I was working from the roof of the tractor ..... well last night I went to put the laser level on the roof again and there it was, along with 2 other spanners.
    They never fell off and I've been out on the road drawing cattle and everything for the last 2 weeks.

I now have to.go and tell my neighbours. :D

Better to be born lucky than born smart:P

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭curiousinvestor

Better to be born lucky than born smart:P

I lost the middle ratchet of my teng tools set.
    Changing an alternator.
    Clean yard. Middle of the day . No trace at all.
    The dog is always with me, he had a habit of picking up buckets, dog bowls , milk bottles etc etc and I find them in the silage !!! I can only blame him for it.
    I have d set 15 years and it pains me everytime i open it to see the missing ratchet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I lost the middle ratchet of my teng tools set.
    Changing an alternator.
    Clean yard. Middle of the day . No trace at all.
    The dog is always with me, he had a habit of picking up buckets, dog bowls , milk bottles etc etc and I find them in the silage !!! I can only blame him for it.
    I have d set 15 years and it pains me everytime i open it to see the missing ratchet.

Order an individual one off teng and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

A few jobs we did over the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

530541.jpeg
    Had some fencing to do but no time to do it. Got a lad in with this yoke. Never marked the ground and we had two serious days rain. He has changed the controls so he can drive it from outside and doesn’t have to be climbing in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Had some fencing to do but no time to do it. Got a lad in with this yoke. Never marked the ground and we had two serious days rain. He has changed the controls so he can drive it from outside and doesn’t have to be climbing in and out.

Do you know the make of that crawler? It's a right job, I've often been thinking about using such a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Do you know the make of that crawler? It's a right job, I've often been thinking about using such a machine

Its a mooroka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Its a mooroka.

He ordered it from China, he said it was a nervous wait on it coming. Plenty of them for sale in England without having to go to China. They use them for planting the rice paddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Tileman

He ordered it from China, he said it was a nervous wait on it coming. Plenty of them for sale in England without having to go to China. They use them for planting the rice paddies.

Wouldn’t like to be looking for parts for it in a hurry so.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

Morooka make the tracked dumpers which have been around for years.
    So there should be plenty part suppliers in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Found this on Facebook

No idea who or where this is but it's genius. It solves a problem that doesn't exist but I still like it.

530998.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Landlevellor/ripper
    Was sick of filling potholes
    Rough looking yoke but those a great job on a farm road Rips up potholes.
    Ina previous life it was a ramp for loading high lorries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Jb1989

richie123 wrote: »
    Landlevellor/ripper
    Was sick of filling potholes
    Rough looking yoke but those a great job on a farm road Rips up potholes.
    Ina previous life it was a ramp for loading high lorries.

Photo please

• Advertisement

Pic

Pic

Pic

Pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Great job there. Lane looks nice.

Sorry bout all the individual posts.internet connection is very poor.
    Rough and ready contraption but it's doing great job and cost next to nothing to put together.
    Even the plates of steel welded on for the pins were cut from the h iron as I had nothing strong enough to use at hand!

mayota wrote: »
    Great job there. Lane looks nice.

Ya it's a great feeling ripping through potholes.

richie123 wrote: »
    Sorry bout all the individual posts.internet connection is very poor.
    Rough and ready contraption but it's doing great job and cost next to nothing to put together.
    Even the plates of steel welded on for the pins were cut from the h iron as I had nothing strong enough to use at hand!

Using an image hosting site like flickr.com makes posting a lot of photos together much easier.

Good job on the lane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

This a pretty basic one, drives me mad trying to fill the ad blue into the car, takes so long due to the vacuum caused.

Recently I started sticking a knife in one corner to let the air in, but that’s messing. Then on the last drum I saw this, let’s the air in but not liquid out. Some job, very simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭older by the day

Reminds me of every father and son doing any job together. Jayus what is he fecking complaining about now

Advertisement